Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 12-21-2008, 12:51 AM   #1
Socrates
Sage

Window loses ability to stay "always on top"

So I was running MA in the awesome new no-stuttering-title-bar windowed mode and doing some work. Accidentally clicked on a DX game and it opened up full screen. Closed it, but after that MA3k no longer was staying on top of other windows. Confirmed that the setting was still set to "Window Always on Top". Had to unclick it and then reclick the option to make it work again.

I then thought, "hmmmm", so I decided to run it in a window. Made sure always on top was working, then fired up goldfish aquarium full screen and exited that. Once again MA lost the ability to stay on top.

Not sure if this has been reported before. Don't see it, but I can't keep track of all the things on there.

This was on Vista 32bit, nvidia 8500GT.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:58 AM   #2
Socrates
Sage

Just realized it's losing the ability to stay on top other times. Not sure what the trigger is. Maybe just some oddity of losing focus or Windows telling it to go to hell for some reason?
Old 12-21-2008, 02:42 AM   #3
Jim Sachs
Developer

I can't seem to duplicate this one at all. I started MA3, set the window to Always On Top, ran and exited Goldfish, Dream Aquarium, and several other full-screen programs. MA3 window was still on top. Closed and re-started MA3 -- still on top.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:01 AM   #4
Socrates
Sage

If I get some time I'll do some more testing.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:21 AM   #5
Socrates
Sage

http://rmrcpa.com/lgk/VIDEO0011.mpg

You may need to have a 3gp codec installed for wmp. Not sure. If it wont' play, then change the extension to .3gp and play it in quicktime.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:07 AM   #6
Jim Sachs
Developer

Good video - It really demonstrates the problem. Now if I only had a clue how to fix it...
Jim Sachs
Old 12-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #7
tom9676
Registered

Here a new one with "m" version with Vista x64 Ultimate It will not span across 2 monitors only in Windowed Mode can I span it no matter what I check or uncheck in full screen mode I get the same image on both monitors that is a duplicate on each. Also the space bar was fixed then broke in Vista X64 space bar freezes the screen saver but it does work in windowed mode ( the menu that is )

Tom McManus
tom9676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:37 PM   #8
Jim Sachs
Developer

Try 7n.
Jim Sachs
Old 12-22-2008, 04:50 PM   #9
Socrates
Sage

Well my Vista machine took a very hard nose dive this morning out of the blue. First Vista machine I've seen since release where it crashed so bad I couldn't fix it. Figures it was mine. After it finishes reinstalling and restoring I'll test again. It may be that some OS issue was looming and this focus/on top thing was just a symptom.
Old 12-25-2008, 05:53 AM   #10
Wizwad
Only me...

Any updates on this, Soc? Hopefully your system is all sorted out now, and everything is working perfectly!
And Happy Christmas!
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:41 AM   #11
Socrates
Sage

Yeah it's finally fixed. There were a couple bugs I needed to track downa nd it's a busy week.

I finally just checked it using ma 2.6 and sharks 2 to pop in front and it seems to work ok now.

Just for reference, after the OS reinstall, I restored my user profile and all the user related registry settings but NOT the system registry settings, etc. Not sure if that helps at all.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows