Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 06-15-2006, 03:52 PM   #1
GenKekoa
Registered

Dual Monitors

Hi everyone! I have used Marine Aquarium Time 2.0 for quite awhile. I recently upgraded my video card to support dual monitors. I then downloaded the new Marine Aquarium Time 2.0 MD so I could have the aquarium on both monitors. The secondary monitor is just a clone of the primary one. Is it possible to get it to be one big aquarium? You know like have the fish swim from screen to screen. Thank you for your help in advanced!
GenKekoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:09 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, this is not a feature of Marine Aquarium MD.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:47 PM   #3
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Originally posted by GenKekoa:
Hi everyone! I have used Marine Aquarium Time 2.0 for quite awhile. I recently upgraded my video card to support dual monitors. I then downloaded the new Marine Aquarium Time 2.0 MD so I could have the aquarium on both monitors. The secondary monitor is just a clone of the primary one. Is it possible to get it to be one big aquarium? You know like have the fish swim from screen to screen. Thank you for your help in advanced!  
Run it in span view and they will go from one tank to another. That's how I run it.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:02 PM   #4
GenKekoa
Registered

Thanks for the welcome! How do I enable span view? I didn't see it in the settings.
GenKekoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:12 PM   #5
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

..and end up with the tank proportions stretched, right?
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:22 PM   #6
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

It's not as bad as what a lot of you think. As for the settings, first off, what kind of card do you have?
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 03:30 AM   #7
cjmaddy
Registered

Ed, - It really is time you pressed that [Print Scrn] button!

Show us how much cropping/stretching/distorting is, as you put it, "... not as bad as what a lot of you think."
Remember though, to some people, any distortion might be unacceptable!

GenKekoa, - I have found that Aqua Garden is the only decent aquarium screen saver for spanning two monitors the way you request, though I have stopped using it because I don't like span mode and it has a lot of fish 'pass throughs'. - But I still consider it one of the few realistic fish screen savers currently available.
DreamAquarium is the best for the way it implements dual monitors, IMO. - And it is developing into a super product! - Give it a try if you havent seen it!

If/when SereneScreen adopt a similar system to DA, (for dual monitors), then we will have the best of both worlds! - Come on Prolific, how many more hints do you need? !!!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:36 AM   #8
Jim Sachs
Developer

Would [PrintScrn] work in this case? He may have to physically take a picture of his setup in order to portray what he's actually seeing.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 10:21 AM   #9
cjmaddy
Registered

I don't see why it shouldn't, Jim. - Do you mean because he has dual monitors or because he uses span mode? - In both cases [Print Scrn] works for me, just the same as it does for a single monitor in 'Single display' mode.

Here's a screen shot in 'Horizontal span' mode of Aqua Garden, made just a few moments ago. And there is one of DA made a few months back, before the recent changes, on this page.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HorizontalSpan1.jpg (329.9 KB, 128 views)
Old 06-17-2006, 01:48 PM   #10
feldon34
Forum Administrator

16:9 (widescreen) aquarium stretched to 24:9 (4:3 x 2).
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 06-17-2006, 03:49 PM   #11
cjmaddy
Registered

You've lost me there. What point are you making? - (Or disagreeing with! )
Old 06-17-2006, 03:59 PM   #12
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Someone asked how you're getting the Aquarium to span 2 monitors without looking disgusting. The mathematical explanation was my answer.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:28 PM   #13
cjmaddy
Registered

Would you not agree that your answer implies stretching? - I went to some trouble to show that stretching is avoided, but only by cropping the height.

Aqua Garden is as supplied. It's total size is approx 11x3. The arrow keys pan along it. When displayed in horizontal span mode, you can chose any 8x3 section of it. - There is no stretching as far as I know.

Similarly, there is no stretching in that screen shot of DreamAquarium. As I said in the original post in April, "Here is a screen shot of the two-screen-wide DA, in span mode, (ie. cropped top and bottom, but correct proportions)."
Old 06-17-2006, 04:48 PM   #14
feldon34
Forum Administrator

If you've got the primo solution, I'll step back and let you give it.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:01 PM   #15
cjmaddy
Registered

Just 'cause you only managed to draw with Italy, and you're bottom of your group, - don't try to take it out on me!
Old 06-17-2006, 05:30 PM   #16
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

Yeah, but we managed that tie point with only 9 men on the field!

Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes.

Surferminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:47 AM   #17
FishyBusiness
Registered

1 Highscore

Hmmm. I am not on the field, so I didn't manage to do anything...lol
Frank
FishyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:18 PM   #18
Jim Sachs
Developer

Cliff - I don't know for a fact that what Ed is seeing on his monitors would be different from what he would capture with a video grab, but it's possible. I'd like to see an actual photo.

By the way - How did you manage to capture two pass-throughs in one pic, even with such a sparse number of fish in that tank?
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:16 AM   #19
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

I'm with Jim, a PrintScreen wouldn't be of much help. A photo of both monitors would however be great.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:37 AM   #20
drfish
the Doc

prt scrn should do the job just fine, it'll capture what's on both screens all at once and when you view them on one screen you'll just scroll left and right to see it... Like I did with this shot of Civ2 across three screens:

Unless I'm missing something I don't see why that wouldn't be good enough...?
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive