Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 04-06-2006, 10:36 AM   #1
Crazy4Dogs
Registered

Cool How do I add MORE fish without deleting the ones I already have???

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post, so I want to greet all of you fish-fans before I bother you with a question that I'm sure has been asked at least 1,000 times already....please accept this newbie's apology for repetition.

I am presently the very proud owner and user of the Marine Aquarium 2.0, (or is it 2.6.....I just purchased it a week or so ago, so I assume that it's the newest one).

I'm a bit confused about how to add extra fish without deleting the ones that are already in the tank.

When I open the 'Settings' and click on the 'Fish' tab, the fish that's on the top of the list is automatically highlighted. I went down to the fish at the bottom of the list, and then chose my fish...it replaced the one that was highlighted!

Then I saw the giant purple "X" and "?" at the top where all of the fish are, but I STILL ended up eliminating some of my fish.

Please tell me the correct way to add more fish to my tank without getting rid of any that are already there. Is there a limited number of random fish that I can add.....I want to have a VERY BUSY aquarium, but I don't know how to achieve it.

Thanks in advance for any and all hints and suggestions that you can give me......I really appreciate it.

Right now, I'm going to check-out the "Goldfish Tank"....that one looks great, too!!

Gratefully;
Crazy4Dogs
Crazy4Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:09 AM   #2
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

You are limited to 7 fish in standard mode and 8 in widescreen mode. Because of the collision avoidance routines to maintain realism you can't have more than that.

As far as changing fish, I highlight the fish name on the left that you want to change with 1 click, then double click on the fish on the right that you want there. That will insert your choice. If you choose the question mark, that is random choices and each time you start the aquarium a different fish will be used in that slot.

Welcome to the forum.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:18 AM   #3
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Like he said. And I too want to Welcome you to the forums.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:50 AM   #4
feldon34
Forum Administrator

If you could add more fish, the fish would either slam into each other or get tangled up trying to go around each other. Also, I think there's concern that someone might actually get the idea of trying to put that many fish in a tank this size. If you put 10 or more fish in a tank this size (200 gallons), you'd have some very stressed out fish.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:49 PM   #5
Crazy4Dogs
Registered

Thumbs Down

Hi again!

Thanks to all who explained how 'Life in the Tank' works....I just find that ALL of the fish are exceptionally beautiful that I wanted to have them all make a brief appearance now and then.

I now see the error of my ways!

Thanks for the friendly "Welcomes".....I think I'm gonna like it here!

Best Regards,
Crazy4Dogs
Crazy4Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:06 PM   #6
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

You can also drag and drop fish from the list on the right to the list on the left.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive