Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 04-22-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Double click issue

After using the beta's since we started them I decided to download and "install" the copy available at SereneScreen.com. One of the installation questions is whether to install a quick launch button.

Subsequently starting MA3 by a normal double click... launches two copies.. which is not too bad.. except for running double copies of the same song.. a few micro seconds out of phase.. I have this problem with "some" other programs as well when started from the quick launch area. So it is not entirely a problem with MA3...

But I "thought" Jim had included a "only run one instance" in his program... way way back... that does not seem to be in the current versions????
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:31 PM   #2
Socrates
Sage

You only have to single click items on the quick launch bar. This is different from the desktop.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #3
Jim Sachs
Developer

For some reason the mutex in the program is not working, and is allowing multiple instances to launch. I'll look into it.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #4
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Originally posted by Socrates:
You only have to single click items on the quick launch bar. This is different from the desktop.  
I know... but old clicking habits.... Not all programs will start two (or more) instances and it is annoying when they do. With programs like the Calculator though 2 copies means nothing.. two copies of music playing sound pretty bad
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows