Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Future: Freshwater Aquarium
Notices

Old 01-31-2005, 12:38 PM   #21
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

Well, they don't seem to like questions... I was called for jury duty 4 times and once made it into the jury box only to be dismissed. I noticed whenever I asked a question, the attorney would make a tick mark or some kind of notation by my name and eventually dismiss me. Once I was glad because it sounded really intense, this young fellow was on trial for supposedly killing a homeless guy and they were asking us if we had any prejudice about the credibility of the testimony of a homeless person or people who drank or on drugs, etc.. Also, if we had any prejudice about the testimony of a police officer over that of a homeless person...

glad to hear your attention now refocussing on the MA...

Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes.

Surferminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:51 PM   #22
Marian Nichols
~Author~

Our case was about a rear end collision and who was at fault, you will not believe the decision we came up with.
Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 01:33 PM   #23
Socrates
Sage

Originally posted by patscarr:
What is the criteria for that? Taxpayer doesn't cut it, don't you have to be a home owner?  

It's basically the obligation of every citizen over 18.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 02:34 PM   #24
Jim Sachs
Developer

Driver's license and voting rolls here.

I just got home - we weren't needed, so they let my group go at noon. Looks like I'll be going to the Long Beach Aquarium tomorrow.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 03:10 PM   #25
Sergiales
Software Engineer

Enjoy!
Sincerely,
Sergio.
Sergiales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 06:13 PM   #26
enigma63941
Registered

I missed the thread that says that the FA is being put on hold and new stuff is going to be worked on the MA. When was this decided and what are the new things planned for the MA? My guess would be the 3d background then some creature packs. What were the reasons for putting the FA on hold and when will it be picked up again?
enigma63941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 07:36 PM   #27
Jim Sachs
Developer

It was decided about a month ago, and announced a couple of weeks ago. The plan is to do a 3D background (2 screens wide), with moving anemones, improved bubbles, and a few other additions. The reason for putting the FA on hold is to re-do MA. I can only do one thing at a time. I plan to pick it up again after the first creature pack.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-31-2005, 08:44 PM   #28
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

oh, can you fix the starfish while you're at it and give it moving tentacles feet under each arm, please?

Old 01-31-2005, 08:55 PM   #29
Jim Sachs
Developer

The starfish is probably the only thing that I DON'T plan to change. If you want the underside of the tentacles to look more alive, use a lower resolution. The aliasing makes the tentacles seem to crawl with tubefeet
Jim Sachs
Old 01-31-2005, 09:14 PM   #30
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Good Luck on your quest tomorrow Jim. I hope you see something that represents what you want to do.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 09:24 PM   #31
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
The starfish is probably the only thing that I DON'T plan to change. If you want the underside of the tentacles to look more alive, use a lower resolution. The aliasing makes the tentacles seem to crawl with tubefeet  

Thanks for the suggestion, but lowering the resolution (640x480) actually makes the outter edges of each arm and the back side of the starfish more particle-lized (yeah I know that's not a word) and active looking but not the underside of each arm where the tubular tentacles should be and which is usually the most visually active part of a starfish. That's okay. Thanks for telling me you don't plan to change it so I can let that go. Maybe you can take out the pulsing shadows above the top edge of the coral? Anyway, ditto what Jav said, may you get truly inspired from your trip tomorrow. Have a fun day.

Old 02-01-2005, 01:28 AM   #32
enigma63941
Registered

It was decided about a month ago, and announced a couple of weeks ago. The plan is to do a 3D background (2 screens wide), with moving anemones, improved bubbles, and a few other additions. The reason for putting the FA on hold is to re-do MA. I can only do one thing at a time. I plan to pick it up again after the first creature pack.  
That sounds like GOOD NEWS. Can't wait. Relax and have fun with your trip to the aquarium. I'm sure your creative juices will overflow .
Old 02-01-2005, 01:57 AM   #33
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Short notice on the judicial (sp?) system here in Sweden. We actually don't have a juries here. Since this system leads to less spectacular arguing it doesn't lend itself to movies and TV shows taking place in court which result in the average Swede (including myself) knowing more about the U.S. system than our own.

Oh – and good luck, Jim.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 02:11 AM   #34
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

You'll probably be taking lots of pictures at the aquarium, right Jim? Be sure to post a couple!
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:34 AM   #35
IXNAY
Green Frog

Enjoy the aquarium visit,
do you have any idea of system requirements for it yet?
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:12 PM   #36
Jim Sachs
Developer

DX8 will probably be required.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-02-2005, 01:34 PM   #37
Derrek
Registered

Originally posted by IXNAY:
Enjoy the aquarium visit,
do you have any idea of system requirements for it yet?  
one requirement will be patience.
Derrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 05:20 PM   #38
enigma63941
Registered

Originally posted by Derrek:
one requirement will be patience.  
For sure, but the wait will be worth it of course.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:28 PM   #39
FishyBusiness
Registered

1 Highscore

Originally posted by Tiny Turtle:
Short notice on the judicial (sp?) system here in Sweden. We actually don't have a juries here. Since this system leads to less spectacular arguing it doesn't lend itself to movies and TV shows taking place in court which result in the average Swede (including myself) knowing more about the U.S. system than our own.

Oh – and good luck, Jim.  
I am sure that you already know this, but what is on TV is way different than a real U.S. courtroom. The exception, of course, being high-profile cases.

That is soo funny.
Frank
FishyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:04 PM   #40
Jim Sachs
Developer

Went to the Long Beach Aquarium yesterday. Got a few ideas, but not many. The main thing I need right now is an aquarium with a lot of interesting background objects in it - corals, anemones, etc. I'll renew the request that I've made several times in the past: If anyone knows an aquarium store owner with such a tank on display in the Southern California area, and who would allow me to take pictures of it, please let me know. I'm willing to buy any object I photograph, and when I leave, it stays in the store. You'd think store owners would jump at the opportunity to "Eat their cake, and yet have it", but it's amazing how fast most store owners throw you out as soon as they see a camera. Makes you wonder what they are hiding.
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Future: Freshwater Aquarium