Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
Amities5
Registered

Question Trying desperately to upgrade to v. 3

Hi,

I purchased MA1 many moons ago (11/24/02) then upgraded to v. 2 (3/21/03), again quite a long while ago. In the case of the original purchase, I used an email address of a no longer existing ISP. Same case for the upgrade, though a different ISP. My current email address is with gmail so I assume it will be around for a time.

I tried to enter my v. 2 key in the upgrade form with the email address of the ISP I had when I received the v. 2 key but it said it wasn't in the database & I was advised to purchase a new, full version.

Over the weekend I wrote to the help at SereneScreen but so far have received no response. I do have both emails containing the keys that I was sent at the time of original purchase & upgrade so, if someone needs proof, it would be no trouble to provide it - just need the appropriate address.

Since I have a brand new Windows 7 machine, I'd rather not install v. 2 prior to update since I don't know if it will work. If that's what I need to do, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Amities5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Send me a private message with all your info, and I'll make sure Prolific handles it.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
Amities5
Registered

I'm am having the very worst time with this forum - it kept telling me my password was incorrect then it disabled me. Have already been mailed 2 temporary passwords, hence my ability to write this. The only reason I'm persisting is because I absolutely love the program you wrote, Jim, & I don't even own any fish!

That said, I don't know how to mail you a private message. When I click on your link, private message, or on your name, I get a screen which denies me access because maybe I don't have the proper privileges. Please, please, give me an idea of how I can actually contact you or just use the email address I used to open this account on this forum.

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I am sorry you are having difficulty.

I have provided your e-mail address to Jim.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #5
Amities5
Registered

Thanks, Feldon33, he did write & I did send him the requisite information. Still awaiting word from him about what to do next.

Meanwhile, I'm just perusing & enjoying your website.

Oh, & BTW, looks like it's your birthday today so, "Have a happy!"
Old 03-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #6
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Thanks.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #7
Amities5
Registered

Well, I finally got MA3 installed & it is glorious! Yes, I know, Mother Nature created the colors of the fish, coral, etc. but Jim's computer artistry replicates it & their movements so compellingly. I'm finding it harder to get work done on my computer at home now because I just want to watch the fish.

I was talking about this program at work & a co-worker seemed quite interested. She has a Mac. Although I read the notes about MA3 for the Mac, I couldn't tell if there were any significant differences between the two versions. Maybe someone can help me out here.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:25 AM   #8
Michael Babin
Mac Development

The Mac version is very similar to the Windows version. The application and the screen saver are separate items (since screen savers on the Mac are essentially plug-ins to the system's screen saver). Currently, the options to stretch one aquarium across multiple monitors are more limited than in the Windows version (each monitor can show a separate aquarium in the screen saver, or you can stretch one window in the application across multiple monitors). The manual panning keys are currently not implemented on the Mac version. The music feature is implemented through integration with iTunes, where you select a playlist from your iTunes library, rather than a separate distinct list of music files. Those are the significant differences that come to mind (I'm probably forgetting something).
Michael Babin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows