Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Future: Freshwater Aquarium
Notices

Old 06-13-2002, 02:45 PM   #41
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Hockey is cool too, or at least the ice is... Just don't pit our guys together with Belarus in the near future (i.e. the next 10 years or so).

I'm rooting for the Red Machine too (Go Holmström & Lidström!) but kudos to Carolina for getting this far.

/Tiny (yeah, right!) Olympic Debacle
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 05:42 PM   #42
Gerty
Somewhat Confused

I agree Hockey is much cooler!!! I am surprised, too, that Carolina made it this far....not too bad for a Southern team! But I guess we all know who is going to win, right????? Oh well, at least they gave it a shot (I usually root for the Red Wings, but I'm torn between a rock and a hard place right now, so I was hoping Carolina would do a little better. Oh well!! )
Cheers!
Gerty
Gerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 10:17 AM   #43
drfish
the Doc

It's nice to know there are Wings fans outside of Michigan... This time around it felt like the rest of the world was siding with Carolina. I was very impressed by Carolina, it's not often that the 16th ranked team makes it that far, good for them! I bet we'll be seeing them next year. I'm glad Scotty was able to go out with another cup, but things won't be the same without him. Anyway, it was sure fun to watch, I wouldn't have minded a game 7 though...

edit
Oh, and cool that Lidström won the Conn Smythe, first European and I think only the second non-Canadian to win it.
I don't watch commercials.

Last edited by drfish; 06-14-2002 at 10:23 AM.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 12:53 PM   #44
feldon34
Forum Administrator

My first hockey game in-person was about 4 months before they tore down the Forum in Montreal.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 04:52 PM   #45
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

The Norris I know (and Lidström too, I suspect ), but what's the Conn Smythe one for?

/TT

P.S. Thanks for using the ¨ in Lidström, we like when people note those over here.

Calle Söderberg
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 07-14-2002, 06:05 PM   #46
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Well, I'm back from my vacation. Any changes in the timeline Jim?
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 11:30 PM   #47
feldon34
Forum Administrator

One of the very few things I like about Macintosh is the ability to get accented characters without needing to memorize ASCII codes or bring up a character map.

You want an é, you type Option-E-E.
You want an à, you type Option-I-A.
You want an ô, you type Option-A-O.
You want an ü, you type Option-U-U.

that is, if memory serves. If not, it's something similar.

P.S. Option is analogous to the Alt key on PCs.

This counters with the nightmare that is the Macintosh file type.

The following things actually happen on a Mac:

1. Drag a JPEG from a PC floppy or downloaded off the internet from an FTP site.

2. Double-click on it. Nothing happens.

3. Put a .jpg extension on it. Double-click it. Nothing happens.

4. Download GraphicConverter, a fair graphic viewer roughly equivalent to ACDSee on PC but much much slower and double-clicking doesn't automatically start a Slide Show like the PC version does.

5. Go to "File Exchange" under Control Panels.

6. Try to associate any NEW ".jpg" file with GraphicConverter. The button is greyed out.

Why did I say new? Because Macintosh has a more complicated (to its detriment) header on each file. It's possible to have 10 text files and each text file is associated with a different application. It's a nightmare.

Anyway, we now return you to your regularly scheduled topic...
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 07-14-2002 at 11:34 PM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 12:00 AM   #48
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

I'm not entirely sure how the English (American?) keyboard is mapped out, but on my Swedish one I can press the button directly to the left of [Backspace] and then [A] to create an á and the same button plus [Shift] before [A] for an à – Simple enough for me (although the Mac on-screen keyboard thingy has it's advantages...)

/Tiny Keys

Old 07-15-2002, 01:00 PM   #49
Socrates
Sage

Some people are fish tank snobs it seems.

I like the toys. I like to make a fantasy tank and then put fish in it. Fresh water tanks give you the opportunity to freely express a little fantasy underwater world. You decorate a tank to fit your personality and tast. It doesn't need to have anything to do with where the fish really live.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 01:02 PM   #50
Socrates
Sage

Originally posted by Tiny Turtle
The Norris I know (and Lidström too, I suspect ), but what's the Conn Smythe one for?

/TT

P.S. Thanks for using the ¨ in Lidström, we like when people note those over here.

Calle Söderberg

Con Smythe is for Stanley Cup MVP.
Old 07-15-2002, 01:04 PM   #51
Socrates
Sage

Originally posted by drfish
It's nice to know there are Wings fans outside of Michigan...

Persoanlly, I find it hard to stomach that there are any Wings fans at all...

Old 07-16-2002, 12:51 AM   #52
hpman77
Blue Angel

Spanish keyboard:

keys to the right of the "0":
' (+shift)=?
¡[open exclamation] (+shift)=¿[open question]

to the right of the "p" key:
(another key)=`(À à È è...) (+shift)(another key)=^ (ê Â...) (+alt gr)[right alt key]=[
+ (+shift)=* (+alt gr)[right alt key]=]

to the right of the "l" key
spanish "special letter": ñ Ñ (lowcase, uppercase)
(another key)=´(Á á É é...) (+shift)(another key)=¨ (ë Ä...) (+alt gr)[right alt key]={
ç Ç (lowcase, uppercase) (+alt gr)=}

ant to the left of the "1" key
º (+shift)=ª (+alt gr)=\
º is our equivalent for 1st(1º) 2nd(2º) 3rd(3º) 4th(4º)...
ª is the same, but it's used for female gender.
example:
floor(piso)=male I live on the 2nd floor=Vivo en el 2º piso.
house(casa)=female I live on the 4th house=Vivo en la 4ª casa.

That's my lesson for today
.:: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ :: 512MB SDRAM :: Windows XP SP1 :: shappire ATI radeon 9600 PRO :: Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 :: Directx 9.0 :: (Always latest drivers for everything) ::.
hpman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 09:32 AM   #53
IXNAY
Green Frog

In Germany we have:
Ö, Ü, Ä, ö, ü, ä, ß
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Future: Freshwater Aquarium