Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-20-2008, 09:49 PM   #1
Dreamster
Banned

Running MA3 Deletes MA2.6 Key

OK. I have been trying out MA3.0 ( awesome) but when the beta expired and I went back to run MA2.6, it asked me to insert the keycode or CD. Kinda annoying to have to dig out the CD. Is there anyway to keep from having to do this especially as I like having both versions installed? Its nice to be able to show MA2.6 to those who do not have a powerful PC to run MA3.0
Dreamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:53 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

I'll look into it. Edgar of Prolific did the KeyCode stuff, so I had no idea that it deleted the v2.6 Key.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:21 AM   #3
Dale
Banned

The tag says confirmed - but I am not sure about the problem.

I have both the 2.6 and 3B3 .scr files in /windows/system32 on an XP Pro SP3 system. I can freely change between the 2.6 and 3B3 screensavers, using the screen saver tab on the properties dialog box.

Previously, when 3B2 expired, I just changed back to 2.6 without any problem (with 2.6 asking for the key code).

If that's not the way to test this reported bug, or more info is needed, let me know.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:24 AM   #4
cjmaddy
Registered

Dale, - Some, so called 'bugs', affect some systems, but not others. - I too have no problem freely changing from 2.6 to 3.0, - but that doesn't mean that others with different systems don't/can't , have problems.

For instance, - if I change/update my video driver, or even just reinstall it, - I HAVE to reinstall DirectX. - Others have said that they never need to do that. - But that's no help to me!

One man's meat, is another man's poison, ... we are all different!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:49 AM   #5
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by cjmaddy:
Dale, - Some, so called 'bugs', affect some systems, but not others. - I too have no problem freely changing from 2.6 to 3.0, - but that doesn't mean that others with different systems don't/can't , have problems.

For instance, - if I change/update my video driver, or even just reinstall it, - I HAVE to reinstall DirectX. - Others have said that they never need to do that. - But that's no help to me!

One man's meat, is another man's poison, ... we are all different!  
Yes, I understand that. See "my" thread https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=4426

Perhaps I should have just said "not on my system", without any other details. But I wanted the developers to have full details on what I was seeing (on several different systems, as it turns out).

The title of the thread: "Running MA3 Deletes MA2.6 Key", is an absolute conclusion which is perhaps not absolutely accurate, because both you and don't see the problem. But the "tag" currently says CONFIRMED - which is why I'm curious.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows