Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-02-2006, 07:01 AM   #41
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Free advice is often worth the price. Right, Cliff?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:23 AM   #42
cjmaddy
Registered

I give up! ... It's not worth it, is it?
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:14 PM   #43
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by cjmaddy:
If you don't see the difference that DVI can make to fine text, then as my son is an optometrist, would you like me to make an appointment with him for you?  
Just completely incapable of being nice or tempering your comments, eh?

I've gotten in trouble for this so much on the Garden forums I practically got banned myself.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 10-02-2006, 03:30 PM   #44
Wizwad
Only me...

You're both banned - go stand in a corner, both of you!

Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:09 PM   #45
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

hahahahahahaha
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:41 AM   #46
Jim Sachs
Developer

Seemed like a lighthearted jibe to me
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:40 AM   #47
feldon34
Forum Administrator

And now I'm getting signed up for every spam list that r1wigs can find. I should give him Cliff's address.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:20 PM   #48
cjmaddy
Registered

Originally posted by feldon30:
And now I'm getting signed up for every spam list that r1wigs can find. I should give him Cliff's address.  
Oh dear! That's amazing, - I did my best to agree re: the banding, and how it had been resolved. - Michael and I went out of our way to give information on drivers and cards, and I attempted to explain the undoubted benefits of DVI, (admitting the difference can in some situations be negligible).
After initially being thanked, it ended by offence being taken at my simple joke.

Sorry guys that you have been given so much trouble. - The optician reference was meant to lighten the debate, not cause all this.

I've therefore also removed the smilie/humour/Blackadder post.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:35 PM   #49
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Well I don't think he's someone we wanted on this forum if that's the kind of reaction we can expect. If he didn't blow up now, it would have been later.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:42 PM   #50
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

I have no idea what you two are talking about. And the word pedophile has no bussiness anywhere on this forum.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 05:53 PM   #51
feldon34
Forum Administrator

More and more I discover I am but a guest on my own forum.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:21 AM   #52
cjmaddy
Registered

Cool

As far as I can see Patrick, you are the first one to use it.
... Can you explain?
Old 10-04-2006, 03:43 AM   #53
clifdene
Registered

I was also mystified as to where that word came from.
clifdene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:08 AM   #54
Wizwad
Only me...

Cliff, I had understood the optician joke, saw and noted the smilie and am with Jim in knowing that you didn't mean to cause offence - I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to tease you and Morgan.

Meanwhile, I see from the Members list that r1wigs has packed his bags and left, and agree with Jav - it seemed to me that he was either very sensitive about something, or was looking for something to take offence at. As Terry Wogan keeps saying, there are too many people out there just waiting to misinterpret and get upset about innocent comments. Combine that with your sig, Cliff, and it's a wonder there are so many of us here getting on so well. :S

Time to move on. How are your tomatoes doing, Morgan?
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Old 10-04-2006, 07:19 AM   #55
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by cjmaddy:
As far as I can see Patrick, you are the first one to use it.
... Can you explain?  
In my signature, I had put the following:
Tired: Pedophile Priests
Wired: Pedophile Congressmen

suggesting that pedophile priests were out of vogue and had been replaced in the public mind with the sexual predator Mark Foley who just happens to be a member of the House of Representatives representing Florida's 16th district.

Of course something like that is politically charged and may cause someone who was abused by a priest to feel their trauma is being minimized.

P.S. The tomatoes are doing pretty well. I have 18 plants and have fruit set on 2 of them. Hopefully fall weather doesn't take too much flavor away. Since I last posted in the Garden forum, I have added 2 new garden beds and rebuilt 2 others. The Beans, Cucumbers, and Carrots are doing well too. Next thing to plant is Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower, and Broccoli.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:02 PM   #56
Wizwad
Only me...

That sounds grand! My dad's growing a couple of Gardner's Delight cherry tomato plants, and I keep eating them - yumm!

How about pumpkins, Morgan? Are you going to be ready for the season?
Mark
-----------
Old 10-04-2006, 02:25 PM   #57
feldon34
Forum Administrator

If I were going to have pumpkins, I would have had to have planted them in May. I don't really have that much use for them. Also I didn't have space to plant a bunch of extra stuff until after I built out the additional garden beds in August.

The Tomato & Pepper beds are 4' x 8' and 4' x 16'.

The 4' x 16' bed to the right behind the raised stone strawberry bed has not yet been planted. I may plant the whole thing with snow peas and sugar snap peas and sell them at the farmer's market. I may even do some corn next year.

Main beds (carrots, parsnips, cucumbers, bush beans, pole beans, brussels sprouts, etc.)
Old 10-04-2006, 02:51 PM   #58
Wizwad
Only me...

It's all looking and sounding pretty good, Morgan.

Plus, it's just so kewl that you've got such a groovy allotment with a pool in the middle! (Joke for the English market that, probably. )
Mark
-----------
Old 10-04-2006, 03:46 PM   #59
feldon34
Forum Administrator

All suggestions to fill in the pool with compost (British for soil, not to be confused with what we call compost which is well-rotted manure) are cheerfully ignored.

When it's 95°F (35°C) and 85% humidity, I work about an hour, and then fall into the pool. Get back out, work some more, rinse repeat.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:13 PM   #60
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

I guess my approach would be something like: Sit and envy Morgan, get back out, work some more, return repeat...
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows