Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-11-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
Rosalene Bradbury
Registered

Uninstall Beta 3 - How do I do this please? AND MUSIC

Hi,
Playing around with the play lists I managed to remove your excellent 'Canon'. So I reinstalled Beta 3 over the top - and screwed up the programme. So then I decided to deinstall the whole lot and reinstall - but couldn't find the programme in my 'Programmes List' or in Control Panel 'Add or Remove Software.' You will already have correctly figured that I am a complete ignoramus - but please could you help me?
------------------
Also, pure curiosity and you may give the infor in the credits - but who is playing the beautiful version of the Canon you are using please? Would love to get a copy of it.

---------------
AND
'I wrote earlier to say I was having problems with the music side - actually I didn't figure that I had to wait for one track to finish before a new one played. It would be good if one could swap back and forth by highlighting the track one wanted and then going 'okay'. Or am I missing something?

Many thanks again,
Rosalene
Rosalene Bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:35 PM   #2
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

No big trick at this point. There isn't an "installer" yet with the actual Beta. All you need to do is highlight the program and delete it.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:48 PM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Jim composed this version of the Canon.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:56 PM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

Rosalene - Michael is right about removing the file - you simply delete it. However, it does leave information in the Registry, and if you were to download it again, that new copy would see the same info as the old one. If you are comfortable using Regedit, you can delete the Registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/serenescreen/MarineAquarium3

When I get a few minutes, I'll post a little program that will take care of this automatically.

Also, for the moment, the Playlist.lst remains in whatever directory the Aquarium program was in. It's a simple text list of the song titles and locations you had chosen. If you delete it, the Aquarium will create a new one with just the CanonGuitar file in it. In the future, this list will be in the Registry, so it won't clutter up your hard drive.

The default music is just a little MIDI file that I put together, copying the style of George Winston, except on the guitar instead of the piano.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:02 AM   #5
Rosalene Bradbury
Registered

You are such a clever guy!!!! In case you get discouraged by all the bug reports, believe me, we are HONOURED to be able to help, if we are, I know I will speak for everyone posting here. Thank you so much for bringing joy into an often chaotic world. Your fish at the very least remind us that we are only one species on the planet.

And the music is BRILLIANT. I was sure you had a world famous guitar player somewhere on your pay roll.

Cheers Rosalene

Last edited by Rosalene Bradbury; 10-13-2008 at 01:41 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:06 PM   #6
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thanks, Rosalene - it does get a bit discouraging when I'm buried under a deluge of bug reports. Intermittant bugs are the worst, because you never know if you've actually fixed them. Video driver problems are especially bad, because I'm helpless to do anything about them, but the users still expect me to. I'm an artist, not a programmer or electronic engineer, so the fact that every computer displays my creation differently is extremely frustrating to me. I doubt if Stephen Spielberg gets complaints like, "Hey Steve, your Indiana Jones movie doesn't run on our gas-powered projector here in Swaziland. What could be the trouble?"
Jim Sachs
Old 10-13-2008, 01:39 AM   #7
Rosalene Bradbury
Registered

Swasiland?

Had to laugh. Many thanks. Go Jim!
Old 10-13-2008, 01:43 AM   #8
Jim Sachs
Developer

You're lucky to live in beautiful New Zealand. I went to Christchurch several times during my flying years, and loved it. A few years ago I was considering moving there, but you guys won't accept me -- I'm too old!
Jim Sachs
Old 10-13-2008, 09:09 AM   #9
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Jim,

I'm sure you know someone who knows someone who knows Peter Jackson.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 10-13-2008, 11:17 AM   #10
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yeah, there's probably only one or two degrees of separation, but that doesn't help me in buying property in New Zealand. The age limit is only one requirement, other rules include keeping a certain number of sheep on your land, etc.
Jim Sachs
Old 10-14-2008, 10:53 AM   #11
feldon34
Forum Administrator

You could be an illegal immigrant.

*omg did I really just go there?*
Old 10-14-2008, 11:20 AM   #12
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yeah, I could just sneak around the country, doing low-level programming jobs that New Zealanders are not willing to do.
Jim Sachs
Old 10-14-2008, 10:01 PM   #13
Pyros9
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Yeah, I could just sneak around the country, doing low-level programming jobs that New Zealanders are not willing to do.  
That just made me LOL...

Doug................(Pyros9)
www.faddis.net

My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs think I am.
Pyros9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows