Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 03-26-2018, 05:32 AM   #1
McRex
Registered

Exclamation Source Code

Greetings to all.
Since we all know that the author is no longer able to continue working on the project and the development is frozen and the very disappearance of the project is in question, I want to raise the topic of the source code.
McRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:32 AM   #2
McRex
Registered

I am sure, like everyone else, that in such an incredibly successful and well-known project, many people hope not only for the long-awaited one-time update achieved by the author's incredible efforts, but I'm talking about long-term further development.
I would like to see development not stop for the next generation. No one could create anything more delightful than Jim's aquarium. There are just no analogues in the world.
And I raised a topic in which I would like to hear the author's (and not only author's) opinion about the fate of his source code.
Will he give it to another enthusiast to develop and improve the code, or will he want to sell it, or is it now possible way to connect other programmers to share a piece of code between them so that everyone can do a piece of work for Jim and so move forward.

I really hope that Jim's hard work will not be left without attention and will not disappear in history without a trace. If the author needs help in the development, I think that together it can be fixed. I'm more than sure that we CAN find a solution.
McRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 01:06 PM   #3
Jim Sachs
Developer

There is nothing really magic about the source code. I have no actual training in programming, and any real programmer should be able to write something equivalent.

What I need to concentrate on is bringing it into a modern system like Unity or Unreal. My problem is that by the time I get home at night and sit down at the computer to create the Next Big Thing, I wake up 20 minutes later with my face on the keyboard and drag myself off to bed.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:09 AM   #4
teriyaki
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
What I need to concentrate on is bringing it into a modern system like Unity or Unreal. My problem is that by the time I get home at night and sit down at the computer to create the Next Big Thing, I wake up 20 minutes later with my face on the keyboard and drag myself off to bed.  
That would be AMAZING! If there is a god you will figure out how to make this happen! You've created the most beautiful & relaxing screensaver to save screens and I can only imagine what it would be like given a modern make-over. PLEASE find time for this!!
teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:53 PM   #5
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Big Grin

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
My problem is that by the time I get home at night and sit down at the computer to create the Next Big Thing, I wake up 20 minutes later with my face on the keyboard and drag myself off to bed.  
I thought you worked at home.. have you not moved in yet??

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:18 PM   #6
Jim Sachs
Developer

Ralph - Nope, haven't moved into the castle yet. Now in the 13th year of construction, the last 9 of which I've been working alone.
Jim Sachs
Old 08-23-2019, 06:02 PM   #7
drfish
the Doc

Don't forget our invites to the housewarming party.
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 06:04 PM   #8
Jim Sachs
Developer

Okay. Maybe by Christmas. (But then I say that every year.)
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows