Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 02-03-2008, 04:58 PM   #1601
raygan
Registered

Originally posted by Tiny Turtle:
Blu-Ray: Nothing public so far, though ther has been previous suggestions. The DVD version was a disaster, but that was greatly due to poor production. A BR-version could look really cool IMHO. Probably a pretty popular thing to pirate though.

MA3 will most definately support widescren. the tank is actually two widescreens wide and will pan slowly left to right (unless you rather want it stationary of course).  
they can pirate BR? WOW! I thought BR was harder to pirate.
thanks for your reply
raygan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #1602
feldon34
Forum Administrator

MA2 supports widescreen, and so will MA3.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #1603
johnblommers
The Architect

Originally posted by raygan:
wife bought a 50" LCD flatscreen and a PS3...was wondering if the company has anything I can pop in the PS3/Blu-Ray so I can show SereneScreens awesome work.  
This is where the VGA port on the TV will come in handy. Hook it up to your PC running MA! Better still if you have a DVI port on your PC use a DVI-to-HDMI cable for the best digital quality.

Originally posted by raygan:
Q: finally bought the Dell UltraSharp 24" Widescreen---been saving for 3yrs will the new-soon-to-be-release (just adding pressure Jim ) j/k support widescreen?  
Do you mean the Dell 2407FPW? I have the 2405FPW model (no HDCP support) and MA2 looks mighty fine at full screen resolution (1920x1200)
Reasons people don't watch Star Trek:
60% - It’s for nerds.
39% - The show’s stupid.
01% - My parents were killed by Klingons and it's still too painful.
johnblommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:14 PM   #1604
henemly
asdf

Light waves

Waves of light through the .png user images, as it does
with the date, etc.

Last edited by henemly; 02-04-2008 at 11:53 AM.
henemly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:57 AM   #1605
raygan
Registered

Big Grin

Originally posted by johnblommers:
This is where the VGA port on the TV will come in handy. Hook it up to your PC running MA! Better still if you have a DVI port on your PC use a DVI-to-HDMI cable for the best digital quality.

Do you mean the Dell 2407FPW? I have the 2405FPW model (no HDCP support) and MA2 looks mighty fine at full screen resolution (1920x1200)  
-----unfortunately, I just realized I'm about 4-6 ft short on VGA. I'll to see about DVI-to-HDMI cable with possible 4-6ft extension.

-----yes, its the HC series. Unfortunately, I have the old version 2.0 so this one doesn't have the widescreen support like the new demo 2.6....and I'm one of the many unfortunate that doesn't have the serial number anymore.

I've tried emailing Cust Supt and Tech Supt and no email. I can take a pic of the CD-ROM and insert manual. But that's not enough accdg to FAQ to upgrade

I guess I have to wait till MA3 comes
Old 02-05-2008, 12:17 PM   #1606
Jim Sachs
Developer

henemly - OK.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:06 AM   #1607
raygan
Registered

Embarassed

hey what a coincidence, I finally got an email and instructions for the 2.6 upgrade for previous CD-ROM owners....just need a discount coupon
Old 04-01-2008, 05:37 PM   #1608
twkatadin
Registered

New Fish

I don't know if Jim already has a list of fish he is planning on adding to the aquarium once 3.0 is finished, but here are a couple of my favorite fish to see when I go snorkeling:

Bird Wrasse - I love the green blue wrasses.
http://www.marinelifephotography.com...ius-male-3.jpg

Yellowtail Coris - just brilliantly colored and really leaps out you
http://www.marinelifephotography.com...d-female-4.jpg

Pinktail Trigger - I love watching these swim, especially the translucent fins
http://www.marinelifephotography.com...thys-vidua.jpg

Scrawled Filefish - The neon blue lines on this fish, the transparent fins, and the wide sweeping tail make this fish stunning to look at. Might be a tad big for the tank though...
http://www.bluewatervisions.com/BLZ_...d_filefish.jpg

Spotfin Squirrelfish - Neat looking with the dorsal fin extended all the way
http://www.manleylabs.com/images/DIVE/squirrelfish.jpg

I think that these are unique enough from what is already available to provide a nice variety of shapes and colors. Just my thoughts

Tim
twkatadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:07 AM   #1609
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Some very interesting fish you've picked out there!

The Yellowtail Corris Wrasse is on our Fish Wishlist but not sure about the others. Check it out!
https://www.feldoncentral.com/Sachs/...list&Itemid=35
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 04-02-2008, 04:38 PM   #1610
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, those are some good possibilities.
Jim Sachs
Old 04-03-2008, 06:49 AM   #1611
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Wow, I was fully expecting you to say no to all 5 of those because of the intricacy of the patterns and/or rarity of those fish.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:52 AM   #1612
Jim Sachs
Developer

Rarity is the main problem. I need to find a real example in action, to see how they move and take my own pictures. That can be a problem with species that are not carried by many aquarium stores. I've found a good way of capturing the required direct side-view. It has always been a problem with moving fish, because by the time you snap the picture, the fish has usually darted off somewhere. But by taking a couple of minutes of hi-definition video, there's a very good chance that at least one frame will contain a suitable image. (Assuming that the lighting is right, which is often a problem.)
Jim Sachs
Old 04-03-2008, 02:30 PM   #1613
debavocet
Welcome to the Quack House!

I have a few suggestions for new fish. A sea horse is a must. A mandarin dragonet for its psychodelic patterns. Wrasses for the unusual way they swim. A colorful gobi or two. A moorish idol. A yellow trumpetfish, if not too big. A cardinal fish. A tuskfish or razorfish. Several fish like these will add variety to the tank.

When the rebuilt California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco opens its coral reef exibit you can't miss it. It's one of the largest and best in the world. I expect you'll see fish that are hard to find elsewhere.
debavocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:26 PM   #1614
Jim Sachs
Developer

Nearly all the critters you mentioned are on the short list.

When does the reef exhibit open?
Jim Sachs
Old 04-05-2008, 02:38 PM   #1615
debavocet
Welcome to the Quack House!

I haven't been in recent touch with Cal Academy, but the reef is definitely open this year. It's mind-boggling - over 4,000 reef fish, sharks and rays. The URL below describes the tank in detail.

http://www.calacademy.org/geninfo/ne...eef_update.php
debavocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:09 PM   #1616
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

I just saw this vid on YouTube and realised it wouldn't be too hard to make the lionfish able to eat small fish in MA3. There's no real need to animate the catching sequence – just make the lionfish twitch and at the same time remove the feeder fish entirely!
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:11 PM   #1617
feldon34
Forum Administrator

This one too. Geez they move fast. Their face elongates for 1/30th of a second.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:19 PM   #1618
Tarkus
Shark Bytes

That slow motion video is awesome!
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:52 PM   #1619
Yodelking
yodeler

1 Highscore

I probably told you already, but at one night dive in Egypt, I had my torch pointed at a lionfish 2 metres away from me. The suddenly it moved 1 metre towards me, and grabbed a fish infront of my eyes. It seemed like it used the light to find the dinner... The movement was so extremely fast, that I couldn't see it move, it just got one metre closer to me...
Being used to see how slow they move, this gave me a liiiiittle more respect of the lionfish.
Yodelking - För god att kolsyra!
Yodelking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:59 PM   #1620
GreenHsiF
SereneScreenFanatic

Hey Jim,I have been gone for awhile,just wandering if any of these fish make the cut?
-Spotted Scat
-Reticulated Butterfly
-Masked Angel
GreenHsiF is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows