Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 08-21-2009, 07:04 PM   #681
Decibel
Registered

Have you not watched the Myth Buster's episode where they actually fired guns under water?

As long as there is no air in the barrel or chamber, the gun will fire - revolver, automatic hand gun, bolt action rifle all fired under water.

Careful, Jim may yet find a use for his gun!
Decibel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:16 PM   #682
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Decibel:
Have you not watched the Myth Buster's episode where they actually fired guns under water?

As long as there is no air in the barrel or chamber, the gun will fire - revolver, automatic hand gun, bolt action rifle all fired under water.

Please note that I just commented that it's not recommended.

Results confirm that:
http://kwc.org/mythbusters/2006/04/e..._reopened.html
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:39 PM   #683
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Originally posted by Decibel:

I know there is a "gun" of sorts divers use to fend off sharks. It fires a 12 gauge shotgun shell when the head hits something relatively hard. I would worry about the barrel splitting due to the build up of water pressure as it (the bullet) makes its way up the barrel.. not something I would want to test myself.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:54 AM   #684
henemly
asdf

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Where's my gun...  
Where to buy ammo for it is more important.
http://www.coltrain.byethost8.com
henemly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:37 PM   #685
Rick Simon
Registered

3 Highscores

Originally posted by Ralph:
I know there is a "gun" of sorts divers use to fend off sharks. It fires a 12 gauge shotgun shell when the head hits something relatively hard. I would worry about the barrel splitting due to the build up of water pressure as it (the bullet) makes its way up the barrel.. not something I would want to test myself.  
I believe you are thinking of a bang stick. If so, there really is no "barrel" to speak of. For more info, try:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerhead
Rick Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:47 PM   #686
Nicki
Sugar Plum Fairy

Over at DA , Alan is working on new algorithms for collision avoidance , new more complicated fish ( like Discus , Angels and Betta ) and then on to modifying fish behaviour models . It takes a long time , many failures which eventually lead to triumphant success , but I am looking forward to the contrasts and comparisons between the development of Marine Aquarium and Dream Aquarium .

One thing I have been wondering , and this is addressed to Jim . I am assuming that when you have all the new models in place , the fish will interact much more with the background , revealing a lot more of its 3d nature . Swimming around , between and such . Yes ?
Run you clever boy. And remember...
Nicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:56 PM   #687
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:37 PM   #688
Rob62
Registered

3 Highscores

Yes Nicki, Alan's ability to work his "Houdini" magic with that particular simulation program is astounding. Working through new algorithms can be time consuming, as can be attested by the lack of recent updates pertaining to DA as well as MA3.

I also look forward to the "contrasts and comparisons between the development" of the two...

Rob

~ God Bless ALL ~
Rob62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #689
MuscadorAlbus
Registered

Smile Just checking... ;-)

I recently purchased the MA3 upgrade, (with Key), from Prolific. Of course, I want to stay on top of all the new updates that Jim is working away on , so I looked through a bunch of forums threads, and I think I was able to piece together the process:

1) Subscribe to the "Marine Aquarium 3 Beta NEWS & DOWNLOAD" thread.
2) When news of a new beta w/installer is announced, it should indicate that that version is now available at the Prolific site.
3) Download the new version from Prolific, and install over the old version.
4) Use original MA3 key code to validate the new version.

So... please let me know if that is the correct process, or not, (and if not, what steps did I miss, or was incorrect about). Many thanks to all, and especially Jim .
-MA
MuscadorAlbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #690
jleslie
Engineer

(1) You shouldn't have to do #4 as it will remember the code, otherwise sounds fine, although...

(2) You can also get beta betas here, which will be more recent than the installer ones (when they're available) and (so far at least) can be used in parallel (e.g. just unzip the single file onto your desktop and run it from there).

John
jleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:52 AM   #691
MuscadorAlbus
Registered

Originally posted by jleslie:
(1) You shouldn't have to do #4 as it will remember the code, otherwise sounds fine, although...

(2) You can also get beta betas here, which will be more recent than the installer ones (when they're available) and (so far at least) can be used in parallel (e.g. just unzip the single file onto your desktop and run it from there).

John  
Hi John,
Thank you very much for the quick reply . If you're referring to the beta betas that Jim posts in the Marine Aquarium 3 Beta NEWS & DOWNLOAD thread, I have tried that, but it asks for a user name and password, (I unsuccessfully tried the user name and password I have for this forum, but no joy ), without which, I'm unable to download the file. If there is a separate thread, etc., where the files are available, or if someone could explain how to get a user name and password for those files, I would be grateful! Thanks again, John!
-MA
Old 09-04-2009, 12:05 PM   #692
jleslie
Engineer

The current beta beta is out of date, so no use. I don't remember being asked for a password. I'd sign up for notifications from the beta thread and try downloading when a new one comes out. It will be easy to spot as the number of new posts will go shooting up... :-)
jleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #693
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

No John, what he is talking about is the collection of test Beta's that are cataloged. They are all out of date and won't run right now anyhow.

Albus,

When a new Beta Beta is released by Jim, it will be made available at that time and work with your key code that you purchased. You will be able to find a listing for downloading it here on the forum. As there aren't any available right now, there is no listing. The ones you are trying to get too are old versions that are out of date and are of no benefit. The version at serenescreen.com is the latest version available.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:51 PM   #694
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Guess we had a miscommunication. I've changed the download links to Prolific. I guess they've been wrong for about 2 months now?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #695
MuscadorAlbus
Registered

Thanks

Many thanks to John, feldon33, Jav400 for your replies! I'll keep my eyes peeled!
-MA
Old 09-22-2009, 09:25 PM   #696
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I did some more cleanup on the RELEASE thread since we seem to have entered an extended Beta testing period. Hid a bunch of stuff which is not applicable.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:39 PM   #697
GreenHsiF
SereneScreenFanatic

Is 3.0 already out,cause on the main page it says I can upgrade for $10,but then I see on here you guys have the beta versions,so what is going on?
GreenHsiF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #698
rctneil
Registered

3.0 has been relased but it's still an ongoing beta. There is no fully fianl version, what would the point in that be? I think Jim will keep the beta tag on MA3 until the main additions he specified for 3 are pretty much implemented.

You upgrade your version for $10 and jim keeps making new beta beta releases. You can download these beta beta versions and use those and every once in a while a beta beta release will be made the official MA3 beta version and added as the official download version on the serene screen website.

Sorry for the confuzzling explanation but I think that is all correct

Any updates on progress with the new models, bahaviors and movement Jim?, the anticipation is killing me!

Thanks

Regards,
Neil
rctneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #699
Ex_Brit
Geordie

I noticed the website isn't much help as far as which version they currently carry. Is there any way that they can show that?
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Ex_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:47 PM   #700
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

I think it is important to point out that "all" software is in a beta stage until the author or company abandons it. Note the seemingly weekly updates to Windows and its associated MS programs.. Likely every other piece of software, drivers and the BIOS on your computer can or should or could be upgraded. Jim's screen saver is a work in progress where we are fortunate to be able to witness, enjoy and help in the development.

Those "listed" as betas are available first here on the forum. Time sensitve copies (they will expire) for all members to have a look at .. to enjoy.. break.. or otherwise point out things that Jim may have missed. Or as a group things that we feel would add to the screen saver.

When all the issues raised are resolved (as much as practical / doable ) the time restrictions are removed and that "beta" copy is posted for download from Prolific. And it in turn will be replaced by many other betas.. as the development continues.

As I understand it
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows