Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 02-18-2015, 04:07 PM   #21
Socrates
Sage

Originally posted by feldon34:
People sure are demanding these days. $20 and they think they own you.  
Personally, I would have no problem paying for a new update, creature pack, etc if it kept development moving forward.

Hell, I'd DONATE money to the cause for new additions to the aquarium.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:40 PM   #22
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

So, Windows 10 is going to be a free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8 users for 1 year after its release? Does anybody know when it is being released?
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:19 AM   #23
fly911
Registered

Originally posted by Socrates:
Personally, I would have no problem paying for a new update, creature pack, etc if it kept development moving forward.

Hell, I'd DONATE money to the cause for new additions to the aquarium.  
How much did you donate towards the last update?
fly911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:42 AM   #24
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Originally posted by fly911:
How much did you donate towards the last update?  
Looks like active participation since 2001 and ~ 1500 odd posts at least. There are probably at least a couple of dozen folk that would make a $$ donation to the cause.. if it would have made a difference. As far as I know.. there has never been a process in place to make donations.

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:00 AM   #25
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

That sounds really good in theory, but in actual fact it probably doesn't amount to much. Just looking at forum statistics that I can get too as Administrator we average about 25 posts in a 24 hour period anymore. That's not much at all. Out of the top 20 "posters" on the entire forum, only 12 have even visited the forum in the last 2 weeks, much less posted anything.

As for generating revenue I doubt those few that I would call "old time regulars" would be able to generate enough to really help Jim.

The thoughts I am sure are really appreciated, but I don't know if in actual fact and practice, it could make a huge difference now. Years ago when we had like 950+ members on the board at one time then it could have maybe made a significant difference.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:37 PM   #26
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yeah, what Michael said. Anyway, I wouldn't feel right about taking donations from the old-time regulars. You guys need a reward, not a penalty. That's why the last few updates have all been free.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium

Last edited by Jim Sachs; 03-10-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 03:50 AM   #27
cjmaddy
Registered

I think you might mean "wouldn't" - Jim ?

.... Old-time regular!...
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:53 PM   #28
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thanks, Cliff - edited.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:26 PM   #29
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Hey! Did anybody else get that little windows logo in the system tray? It wants me to reserve my free upgrade to windows 10 now. I think I will.
Patrick
Old 06-01-2015, 03:58 AM   #30
fly911
Registered

Windows 10?

If Windows 8 taught me anything, it was not to jump into anything "new" too quickly.
fly911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:11 PM   #31
henemly
asdf

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
On the other hand, we have Quickbooks. My Bank of America business account requires it to download statements in a form my accountant can use. Every two years they change the requirements, forcing me to "upgrade" to the latest version of Quickbooks. But in the world of Intuit, there's no such thing as "Upgrade". I have to buy the new version at full price (about $200), with no discount for being a loyal customer for over 20 years.

So, about 6 months ago I switched to US Bank, which doesn't require Quickbooks.  
Good to hear, Jim. BoA has always been a trash bank from my experience.
http://www.coltrain.byethost8.com
henemly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:50 AM   #32
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

OK, now I am pissed.

Just in case anyone needs to know; if you do a Windows update now you will end up with a file located on your system called GWX. It stands for Get Windows 10 and it will create a task bar icon on your system. To get rid of it you first have to go into task manager and shutdown the GWX process, and then go into your system folders under Windows and change permissions for two different GWX folders and delete them.

IMHO, this is a load of crap, to use system updates for what amounts to advertising and force it on my system without my approval. Yes, Yes, I know; why should this be any different than anything else with computers in the last 10 years.

/end rant
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:33 PM   #33
jimkraz
Registered

You don't need to take the update if you don't want it, if you say yes it will pre-download Windows 10 nearer the time to save you waiting, for those who want the update, its quite a good idea.
Something Fishy Going On
jimkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:06 AM   #34
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

My question about the upgrade is: I'm using Windows 8.1 so I can get the free update for 1 year. After that though, let's say I have to revert back to factory settings, will I still be able to get the free update or will it be expired and I'll be stuck back in 8.1?
Patrick
Old 06-19-2015, 09:09 AM   #35
jimkraz
Registered

Pat from what I can gather once you have it and you do a restore it will restore windows 10, I have no doubt there will be .iso's about after update and of course as you know your Key will be there.
Something Fishy Going On
jimkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows