Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 07-21-2002, 01:47 AM   #1
Nut110
Registered

Angry Sorry, I have something to report about Mac version.

Dears,

I have just downloaded Sach Aquarium SS Mac OS X version and installed on Power Mac G3 (300-400 MHz... not sure...).

{EDIT}

One thing wanna report. I did set the SS as the default screen saver of my login. Once I ran the SS as an application, the running Sachs Auqarium ran only in the window mode. That's not the point to be commended. What I wanna do is when I left this Mac until the set SS was activated, it was activated in full screen mode even though the window mode was running. This results in .... as many as 14 fishes running simultaneously. :P

Extremely slower than the jurk slow.

The version of Windows would not have this issue. If I run one SS in window mode, the default set SS would not run again.

OK that's the first commend.

Sincerely...

I'm NUT... S.

Last edited by feldon34; 07-21-2002 at 01:52 AM.
Nut110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 10:27 AM   #2
mrtew
Registered

You certainly ARE a nut, and almost impossible to understand or read seriously, but you are right! If the program is running and the screensaver kicks in, it goes very slow and jerky because the program keeps running underneath it.

I think the solution would be to have the program 'pause' when the screensaver comes on. In fact one thing I would love to be added to the program is a 'pause' hotkey in case you do something with the computer that needs a lot of CPU without competition from the fishys. I don't run the program very much because every time I have to really do something else I have to quit it and then restart it.

My solution for getting around this missing feature is to run the saver with the free program SaverLab (which runs any screensaver in a window or as a background) because it has a pause hotkey. It works great. Whatever you do though, don't run the saver in SaverLab and the program in it's window at the same time; now we're talking about a slowdown verging on total lockup!
mrtew
mrtew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 03:05 PM   #3
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

If you want to pause the aquarium you can do that now by putting it into the dock. We don't take any CPU in the dock.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 06:31 PM   #4
mrtew
Registered

Originally posted by JimO'Connor
If you want to pause the aquarium you can do that now by putting it into the dock. We don't take any CPU in the dock.
Cool! That works! Thanks. I have my windowshade program set to almost never put things in the dock because having all those windows minimized drives me nutso, but that's kindof convenient for the Aquarium. In fact to do it I had to hold control and double click in the the title bar of the fishtank because for some reason Apple-M is minimized in the program. But enough of my personal problems. :-] I still wouldn't mind a pause hotkey (Apple-P) not to mention an auto-pause when the screensaver comes on.
mrtew
mrtew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 08:45 PM   #5
Unregistered

Hahahahaha... sorry guys...

Long time no come this this board, so I didn't notice a new group especially for Mac, and thus I didn't read thoroughly the other messages in that (this) Mac group.

I don't really understand what u gays suggested about the solution. Anyway, I just make a test for Mac version, not use it. I usually work on my Windows system and enjoy 1.1 right now.

So what's the problem (may not... just a comparison...), I left it here.

Yeah....

I'm NUT... S.
Old 07-24-2002, 08:50 PM   #6
Nut110
Registered

Test test...
Forgot log-in...
Test test...
Nut110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 10:11 PM   #7
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

The version 1.1.0 application checks the running process list to see if the OS X screen saver mechanism is running and stops animating if it is.

I hope you like v1.1.0. Your input helped a lot.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive