Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 07-10-2002, 03:28 AM   #1
memyselfandimac
Registered

Thumbs Down Couple of suggestions

First let me say it's just plain beautiful.

I have kept many aquaria over the years and have seen many different animals, really think you could spice things up a bit by not concentrating on the fish quite so much. Give us some of the bright red or blue starfish which are very popular in reef aquaria, some snails and sea slugs crawling around, a few flame shrimp or cleaner shrimp bouncing around, maybe even stopping to clean a fish. How about a Pearly Jawfish, Bi-Color Blennie or other bottom or rock dwellers. Perhaps even a few marine plants and soft corals slightly swaying in the foreground and background. Would look even more realistic if the more fleshy corals would sway in the currents a bit also. Would gladly give up a few of the fish slots in the pref panel to add these features. The static appearance of the corals and lack of smaller but equally colorful inhabitants are the only thing that keep this from looking 100% real.

Again thanks for putting out this wonderful SS, just made my day when i loaded it up.

Heres a sample of what i'd like to see more of in future releases.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sealife.jpg (89.2 KB, 149 views)
memyselfandimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 03:54 AM   #2
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

After the Freshwater aquarium and the 3D background (with swaying coral) are completed, Jim has said he will come out with at least one "Creature pack" with seven or so special creatures like a banded coral shrimp and a moray eel. I suggest you head over to the Wishlist (all four pages of it) and see what creatures are planned.

/Tiny
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 10:45 AM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

There is a huge 40 page Wishlist in the SereneScreen Aquarium forum which has been developing since February 2001. Let's post requests for fish, creatures, improved backgrounds and new features there.

Let's reserve this forum area for Macintosh-specific issues.

As for the Firefish Gobi (the long white fish with red and purple fins), Jim has said that fish with very bright colors and odd appearances like that may not be coming to the Aquarium. I was incredulous, but that's what he said. He thinks having them would reduce the apparent realism of the Aquarium even though these are real fish that exist in nature.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 07-10-2002 at 10:53 AM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive