Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 07-16-2002, 09:49 PM   #1
mrtew
Registered

Freaky Widescreen Stuff

I have a Powerbook G4 Ti677 RevB. All TiBooks have semiwide screens that are wider than a normal screen, but not as wide as the proportion of the SereneScreen Widescreen format. The first two revisions are 1152x768 and the new one is the same proportion with slightly higher dpi.

The weird thing is when the aquarium runs in screensaver mode it acts as if it is a widescreen adding the purple coral in the middle, but when it's running in fullscreen mode as a program it acts as if it's a normal screen without the coral. This happens even if I make the window wide with the extra coral before I go to fullscreen mode.

They both look fine, although I prefer it with the extra coral, but I just find it strange that it runs differently at different times.
mrtew
mrtew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 07:29 PM   #2
mrtew
Registered

See... here are the pix! The left one is the program running full screen stretched, and the second one is the screensaver running full screen squished. They both look fine, but I don't really think either one is correct. And I am still mystified by why they are different. There doesn't seem to be any way to control either one.

mrtew
Old 07-18-2002, 09:01 PM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Thanks for the posting.

I assure you that members of the Macintosh development team do read this forum and will look into the problem.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 09:27 PM   #4
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Your screen aspect ratio is exactly 1.5, which is exactly the point where we split between going wide or normal (halfway between the aquarium's normal and wide aspect ratios). The bounding rectangles we get in the app and in the screen saver must differ by one pixel, so in one we go wide and in one we go normal.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 12:47 AM   #5
Jim Sachs
Developer

Nothing strange going on here. The Normal version is 1024x768, so it would have to be stretched to fit the resolution you are using. The Widescreen version is 1280x768, so it would have to be squished.

All this will be moot when I do the 3D background. The view window will simply show however much of the very wide background it needs to.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 05:43 PM   #6
mrtew
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs
All this will be moot when I do the 3D background. The view window will simply show however much of the very wide background it needs to.

COOL! Well stop reading the forums and get to work!!! :-] I just can't wait for the new background, the creatures and the Gobi! Hurry!!!
And please make the backdrop a color that can be changed for people that don't like blue! I want an orange background, or maybe a deep green or purple one, and maybe a light yellow one the next day. Or dark grey would look nice.... etc.
mrtew
Old 07-19-2002, 06:35 PM   #7
feldon34
Forum Administrator

You don't really want to know Jim's work schedule. Spending time here on the forum ABOUT his products is his break from working ON the products 12 hours a day. Scary.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 09:35 PM   #8
Jim Sachs
Developer

A 12-hour day is a day off.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 09:11 AM   #9
IXNAY
Green Frog

Hey I always thought a day has 24 hours work slave
just kidding
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive