Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 07-04-2002, 08:25 PM   #1
Unregistered

Inclusion of Aquarium in OS X 10.2?

Subject says it all...what do you think the chances are of Apple including the Aquarium screensaver with OS X 10.2 (or later?)? It would make a tremendous compliment to Aqua.

Are there issues surrounding its current inclusion with Windows XP Plus! that would prevent licensing with OS X?
Old 07-05-2002, 04:17 PM   #2
Unregistered

I sent SereneScreen a thank you note, and asked about Aquarium's inclusion in the next release of OS X. They responded:

"We are talking to Apple. But don't know yet."

Hmm, sound somewhat encouraging...I guess we'll see!
Old 07-05-2002, 07:58 PM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Hopefully the inclusion of the Aquarium in OS X won't be as disastrous as the inclusion of the Aquarium in Windows XP Plus has been.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 09:14 PM   #4
Unregistered

How has it been disastrous in WinXP?
Old 07-05-2002, 11:13 PM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...5166#post15166
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 07-06-2002, 02:57 AM   #6
Unregistered

Holy cow, that's amazing...not surprising since it IS Microsoft afterall, but amazing nonetheless.

Well, I guess that's why Bill Gates is the richest man in the world, and why Mac users have such a distaste for MS.

Hopefully a deal betwen Apple and Jim would be much more fruitful for BOTH parties.
Old 07-07-2002, 12:43 PM   #7
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Mac World

We have armed a special person at Apple with a very special version of the Aquarium to be shown at MacWord next week.

There is no promise it will be shown, So someone here will probably tell us.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 12:50 AM   #8
Unregistered

Ooh, that sounds exciting...don't want to get our hopes up, but wouldn't it be neat to see Steve Jobs up there on the stage doing his usual OS X demo, and saying "Oh, by the way, this is the new beautiful Aquarium screen saver that's included in 10.2."

Hehe...
Old 07-08-2002, 02:21 PM   #9
rickey939

Re: Mac World

Originally posted by Reichart
We have armed a special person at Apple with a very special version of the Aquarium to be shown at MacWord next week.

Hmm, I say for those users who have paid for this little treat, we get the "very special version" as well, only makes sense, right? Why hold back?
Old 07-11-2002, 10:12 PM   #10
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

This special version was built for Apple, and we would not have the “right” to offer it to anyone else, sorry.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:43 PM   #11
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Is it a crystal version? Does it have a different fish?
Old 07-11-2002, 10:50 PM   #12
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

If there was a new fish, we would offer it to all. you of all people would have known if we were working on a new fish.
Old 07-12-2002, 08:49 AM   #13
Unregistered

How amusing. Not more than a week ago I sent the following email to suggestions@apple.com:

"When ever I go into CompUSA, I'm amazed by the beautiful screen savers I see on the PCs. Realtime rendered streams with leaves falling in them, photorealistic fishtanks... the variety (and beauty) is stunning. They invariably draw me over to the machines and have me saying "Gee, I bet my Mac could do that."

Prove it. Make at least one or two screen savers (or "screen effects" as you apparently now call them) for OS X that really show off the graphics and processing power. Photos of space are cool and all, but they're SO 80's. I want to see some OpenGL eye-candy that makes me question whether I'm looking at the real thing or not."

Lo and behold, I see MacAquarium pop up on VersionTracker. I downloaded it and instantly registered it.

I hope you can work out a deal with Apple to incorporate it into the OS (and maybe get a small commission on every copy of the OS sold).
Old 07-18-2002, 02:09 PM   #14
Unregistered

Re: Mac World

Originally posted by Reichart

Anyone here at MWNY that has seen this? No sign of it in the keynote, but perhaps on some demo units on the show floor?
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive