Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 01-25-2001, 08:43 PM   #101

Re: Already have this?

Here is a fish that is very pretty www.ffexpress.com/fish/bu...acoon1.jpg . I had a full grown adult about 12" at one time in a 200 gallon fish only tank. I have alot of good video of all my fish and my of my 100 gallon reef. Unfortantly i dont have any way of getting video into my Pc. The reef tanks are my favorite and i plan to have another reef setup when i get a permanent place to live (undesireable when you have to move one). So thats why i dont have one right now. It's my passion...Corny eh?

Later
Old 01-25-2001, 08:47 PM   #102

Oh it's a Racoon butterfly. You probably figured that out.

Thanks
Old 01-25-2001, 08:47 PM   #103
feldon34
Forum Administrator

We're getting to have a LOT of Butterflys (sp?) in the Wishlist. I saw the Raccoon earlier but skipped it. I can add it to the Wishlist though, now that it's going to be 2 pages.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 08:50 PM   #104

Ya there are alot of Butterfly's > i agree. You dont have to add it. I just think its one of the more attracive butterfly's. Have you seen a real one?
Old 01-26-2001, 08:08 AM   #105
Pyros9
Registered

Bangai Cardinal

I know this list is getting pretty long, but I thought I'd add another anyway. Hey, variety is the spice of life right? Anyway, more for Jim to pick from.

The Bangai Cardinal www.aquatouch.com/images/bangi02.jpg is not a very colorful fish, but it has rather striking fins. :smokin:

Doug................(Pyros9)
www.faddis.net

My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs think I am.
Pyros9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2001, 12:52 PM   #106
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: Bangai Cardinal

The Bangai would satisfy some people who have been hoping for fish similiar in appearance to fresh-water species.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 01-26-2001, 02:29 PM   #107

Lionfish! Triggers are excellent!

I would most like to see a Lionfish in the tank.

The new Triggers in "G" are outstanding. Great work, Jim. You have my support (and $).

rowdykel
Old 01-26-2001, 02:57 PM   #108
Jim Sachs
Developer

Re: Bangai Cardinal

This one is high on the list. They cooperate by holding very still, and I got some excellent shots of them at the Long Beach Aquarium.

--- Jim Sachs
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2001, 04:01 PM   #109
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: Lionfish! Triggers are excellent!

rowdykel,

I had a Red Lionfish on the wishlist but you couldn't really tell what one looks like from the picture, so I replaced it with a picture of a Black Lionfish. Was there a particular species of Lionfish you think should be included?
Old 01-27-2001, 06:23 AM   #110

snowflake eel

Hi
I know you have had alot of requests for fish and I don't want to be a bother to Mr. Sachs, but I'd really like to see a Snowflake eel in this incredible program.
Thank you for your time.
Old 01-27-2001, 01:41 PM   #111
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

New Addition Consideration

Morgan,
I have been using my past salt tank experience to look for fish that are either rare, to difficult, to expensive, or unusual for the average enthusist to keep. In the unusual category, you might consider the Yellowheaded Jawfish. I don't know if Jim would consider this an actual "fish" choice or something in the "bottom dwellers" category. This particular fish burrows in the sand or shells on the bottom of the tank and makes its home there. It swims around rarely, mostly it hovers right above the opening to its lair in a vertical position, and if startled will dart backwards into its hole. Info can be found at this site -- www.petwhse2.com/gillsgro...awfish.asp
and a picture at this one -- www.seasaba.com/photos/jawfish.html
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2001, 05:44 PM   #112

Re: The Sachs Aquarium WISHLIST

It would be great to maybe have a selection for two or more of the same type fish swim together, like two wimplefish playing follow the leader and the rest doing their own thing. Some same type fish like to swim together, not schooling but following the same general direction and level.

I'm sure you have better things to look at, but I figured this is why the board was started in the first place, which is to collect ideas from others and use what you want and fix reported problems.

It's just an idea. The fish are great.
Old 01-28-2001, 02:26 AM   #113
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Bill436,

You'll be happy to know, Schooling of like species is on Jim's list of things to add.
Old 01-28-2001, 08:39 PM   #114
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Bill,

I already suggested this to Jim a while back and he said that he really like the idea and would try to put it in later on. I called it the "Mated Pairs" function.

- DL
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2001, 04:11 AM   #115
hooters
Percula Clown

i just came across a pic of a Jewel Damsel i think this would make a verry good fish for the tanks wish list
~RELAXATION IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT~
hooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2001, 11:36 AM   #116

Wish List

First, Jim...my god...that's all I can say. I have a 125, 80, and 50 gallon at home wich keep me very relaxed, but at work, you saver is my savior. I know that every time you come out with another version people have renewed interest in bugging you for more. I want to say "go at your own pace". Better to make us wait a little than to burn out.
Ok, that said, I have an item for the wish list (not a priority).
Two of my tanks are reef tanks, meaning they need high current (couple of power heads in each). I get a big kick out of watching some of my fish, particularly the tangs and a couple of damsels, swimming against the current. Swimming fast but not moving at all. I thought that might be a neat feature. I don't know that a non-fish person would get it unless they could actually see the pump, but thats my 2 cents. Almost all my fish love to play in the power heads, just thought it would be a neat feature.
Much thankx for the whole program. Peace
Old 01-29-2001, 03:08 PM   #117

Hi everyone.

Just a small idea: Given the fact that you can select random fishes, how about giving the user the
option to create a list of fishes that the randomizer will choose from? So I can put like 5 fishes on
my list and the program will select only from those.

Take care,
Christian
Old 01-29-2001, 11:34 PM   #118
Lostboy
SquirrelFish

I just thought of a fish I'd love to see included. A few years ago while snorkeling in Jamaica, I came only inches away from a fish that was calmly blending in with the coral and rock. Later on I found out that this fish was the venomous Spotted Scorpionfish.

Here’s some links to a few kinds of Scorpion fishes:

www.aqua.org/animals/spec...rpfsh.html

www.britannica.com/seo/s/scorpion-fish/

www.ffexpress.com/fish/eel.htm#scorpions
Lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 12:37 AM   #119
feldon34
Forum Administrator

LostBoy,

If you pick out one or two of these fish, I can post them on the Wishlist.
Old 01-30-2001, 12:56 AM   #120
Lostboy
SquirrelFish

The last link, the Red Scorpion fish, is nice and colorful, but isn’t really like the one I met. The middle link, the Scorpaena Guttata, is too dull in color (although that may be a good thing for variety). But I’m going to have to say I like the first link, the Spotted Scorpionfish, the most.

www.aqua.org/images/spotscorpfish.jpeg

He’s kind of ugly, but I like him.
Lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows