Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-09-2008, 02:19 PM   #1
eknirb

scroll bars

Running Vista Premium on a new HP PC. Screensaver runs fine. When I hit 'enter' key to restore desktop, the screensaver apparantely places a scroll bar a third of the way into screen, from the right hand side of the wide-screen monitor. How can I avoid this? I just bought this from the site as I had it on my previous PC thru PLUS! but I don't want to you it if I have to close and reopen browser window to make scroll bar disappear (which is what I have to do.) I know it's a by-product of the screensaver as other savers do not produce the same result.

Last edited by feldon34; 03-09-2008 at 08:42 PM.
eknirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Welcome to the forums! I've promoted your account so you can now post without waiting.

Hmm! I have not heard of this before. This is very strange that a scroll bar gets left behind since the Aquarium does not use a scrollbar anywhere within the program.

Can you tell us which version of the Aquarium this is? Is this the latest Marine Aquarium 2.6?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:47 PM   #3
Jim Sachs
Developer

I've never heard of this either. Any way of doing a screen-grab so we can see what you are seeing?
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #4
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Set up 2.6 on my Acer notebook.. it runs just fine. I wonder is it a vertical scroll bar.. could it be associated with the "gadgets" that run on the right side by default
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:35 PM   #5
eknirb

I do have a screengrab. It is on the right hand side. usually a scroll bar will be on the very right hand border of the page. But coming out of the 2.6 Marine SS, you can see it here, as on a photo album page of mine.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:53 PM   #6
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Maybe the Aquarium is changing your desktop resolution? When you start the Aquarium, press the SPACE bar and go to the Settings tab and change the Resolution to match your desktop and see if that helps.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #7
eknirb

tried that. It was set to default resolution...I changed it to 1440x900. same thing.

Given I have a new monitor,

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2737954

how should SS settings be set? and, uh, whats the diff between 16 bit and 32 bit?
Old 03-10-2008, 04:17 PM   #8
Edgar
Prolific/SereneScreen Developer

1 Highscore

Try matching the resolution of your desktop also. If your desktop is 32 bit, make sure the screensaver is set to 32 bit also.
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:25 PM   #9
eknirb

didnt work. i left the page on Yahoo; screensaver went off...disabled SS by moving the mouse, and a scroll bar appeared to the immediate right of the page. Click on a different page- and it's gone.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #10
eknirb

If I want a refund of my 14.95, how do I do that? Customer Support for the product has been unresponsive as to that question.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:00 PM   #11
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

I really can't see that this is a problem related to 2.6

How many windows do you have open?
What do you mean by "page?"
What other programs do you have running when this happens?
Could you give us a full desktop screen grab?
Is this scroll bar appearing in Internet Explorer, on the desktop, or within another program?
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:06 PM   #12
JEstr
Customer Service

Originally posted by eknirb:
If I want a refund of my 14.95, how do I do that? Customer Support for the product has been unresponsive as to that question.  
Send me a reply to the last email I sent, I'll take care of this for you.
JEstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive