Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 11-19-2003, 07:37 PM   #1
Anamavan
Registered

Embarassed Potential for Aquarium

To Jim and All, Congratulations.
It is great to see the interest and preferences in individual fish.
But I wonder if you realize the overall potential of what you have achieved here? By putting so much effort and skill into the quality of the graphics, you have a near realistic product. This makes the aquarium much more than a screensaver. With a bit more development in species, environments, and fish movements, you have a virtual aquarium product that could eventually replace physical aquariums for many people - without the cost and maintenance and disasterous accidents!

I would recommend the following additions to create the ultimate product:
1. Anemonies that move (the Clownfish will thank you and hide amongst the tendrills.)
2. Hermit Crabs and Crabs and Shrimp
3. Eels, jellyfish, nudibranchs, etc.
4. Fish that appear to be eating, fighting, loving, etc.
5. Color-changing Cuddlefish (The Ultimate sea creature)
Good Luck and keep improving.
Anamavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 08:20 PM   #2
Socrates
Sage

I think you might want to search the forum on all the topics raised and also check the whishlist thread.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:05 PM   #3
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Welcome to the forum, and Socrates is right, read through and you will find those things already listed.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:55 PM   #4
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Everything you've listed is at the top of the To Do list for future versions of the Aquarium.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 12:38 PM   #5
dhigbee
The Snorkeler

Wink

Originally posted by feldon27
Everything you've listed is at the top of the To Do list for future versions of the Aquarium.
Yeah, and that stuff has been there in the wish list for a long time already. Time to give us what we were promised when we purchased the software.
dhigbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 02:19 PM   #6
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Everything you were promised has been delivered except the 3D background.

Everything else in this Wishlist will likely be an extra charge.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 07:43 AM   #7
raven
Perculiar Clownfish

Originally posted by dhigbee
Yeah, and that stuff has been there in the wish list for a long time already. Time to give us what we were promised when we purchased the software.
I don't understand negative posts about the Marine Aquarium and the 'promised' free updates. When I bought it it was already worth every penny I paid for it. It was, and still is, the most beautifull aquarium screensaver ever made. ( I probably should add IMO somewhere in this sentence )

I also seem to remember ( but correct if I'm wrong ) these Wishlist ideas just being ideas instead of promises, which slowly turned into some things we could expect as free updates and others at an extra charge. Jim Sachs has also been very open about why the 3D background has been delayed.

Personally I think Jim Sachs / Prolific should be applauded for supporting their product for free for so long. Most developers would have changed their 'policy' by now and would have charged you for all updates.
Remi
raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 12:13 PM   #8
klyntun

Bravo!

That's bravo to your post, raven. Not only is MA2 a work of art, but there's this cool fansite where I've gotten to connect with so many nice and interesting people.

Last edited by klyntun; 12-07-2003 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-07-2003, 04:00 PM   #9
AKcrab
Registered

Originally posted by Socrates
I think you might want to search the forum on all the topics raised and also check the whishlist thread.
1063 Posts in the wish list... Give me a break. To expect a newcomer to wade through all that is absurd.
AKcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 05:45 PM   #10
Racer-X
Out for a spin

Originally posted by AKcrab
1063 Posts in the wish list... Give me a break. To expect a newcomer to wade through all that is absurd.
He did say search, not wade through. I did a search for "anemone" and found answers to most of the original posters questions in probably less time than it took him to write the message.

My mantra regarding the internet has always been that any question you have has been asked before, and there are probably web pages and/or web sites devoted to the answer.

Glenn
Racer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive