Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 02-25-2003, 03:49 AM   #21
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

The starfish has been de-yoga-ified. Look for the improvement in v1.1.4.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 08:32 AM   #22
dhigbee
The Snorkeler

My starfish ALWAYS stays on the glass, lower left side. I can see some slow movement. This occurs on my Ibook 600 mg, 16 MB VRAM, 684 MB RAM, running OS 10.2.4. I don't have it set to economize VRAM. I also have a faster G4 desktop that doesn't have this problem.

Dana
dhigbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 09:01 AM   #23
Michael Babin
Mac Development

Dana,

You didn't mention which version of MA you are using.

The starfish "transition" to/from the glass only takes place when the lighting is low. The reason for this test is that the "transition" really is just an instantaneous re-positioning of the starfish (thus no actual transition takes place between the two locations), which ruins the realism effect if viewed. If the version of MA you are using remembers the starfish position, the starfish is currently on the glass, and you have the lighting set to a fixed position which is not very low or off, then the starfish won't leave the glass.
Michael Babin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 09:15 AM   #24
dhigbee
The Snorkeler

Michael, I'm using MA version 2.0.1. Thanks.

Added: Alright, I've changed the lighting to cycled, and restarted MA several times. It still likes the lower left side of the glass.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:31 AM   #25
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Once the starfish is close to the bottom of the glass, turn the lighting down as low as it will go, then hit wireframe mode and you can see if he "jumps" down to the sand again. Once this happens then you can turn the lighting back up. Jim had an extreme problem trying to figure out how to deal with the shadow and the starfish transitioning from the bottom to the glass, this was the best solution.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 12:44 PM   #26
dhigbee
The Snorkeler

Jav400: Thanks for your help, but I've tried your trick several times, to no effect. My starfish must really LIKE that side of the glass.

Dana
Old 03-27-2003, 12:55 PM   #27
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Look in ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.Prolific.* and move the file somewhere else. Your keycode shouldn't be stored here unless we couldn't put it where it was supposed to go so you shouldn't have to re-enter it. Now you'll need to reset all preferences, but the starfish will start at his initial location.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 03-27-2003, 12:58 PM   #28
dhigbee
The Snorkeler

Thanks, Jim! I'll try it. (Now, for the individual fish behaviors, and moving background...)

Added: Interesting, I haven't trashed the file yet, but now my starfish jumps from the gravel (windowed mode) to the glass (full-screen mode). each time I toggle the mode.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:15 PM   #29
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Each aquarium starts with the starfish in its position which is stored in the preferences. The starfish position is only read from the preferences when the aquarium is created. When you go full screen the windowed aquarium is NOT simply grown to cover the screen. A separate aquarium is started from scratch (from prefs) to cover the screen. The situation you describe means that the starfish is on the glass in the prefs, but has moved from the glass in the windowed aquarium. The last aquarium to quit gets the say about what stays in the prefs.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive