Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 12-04-2023, 04:26 PM   #41
Jim Sachs
Developer

Glad to hear it!
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 01:29 PM   #42
wags1
Registered

I can confirm that this is not a problem unique to Radeon. I have the problem with a brand new Dell XPS 15 running Windows 11 Pro using Intel Iris Xe. So far I have not found any solution.
wags1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 10:19 AM   #43
dimon_sk
Registered

It would be better for users to indicate at least the version of the installed graphics card drivers on which this problem is observed. Then it will be clear on which version of the driver this problem occurs.

On my own, I can add that by buying a new laptop Lenovo ThinkBook 16 G6 IRL with Intel Core i3-1315U processor and integrated Intel UHD Graphics I have the same issue with the fish trails.

My current driver version: Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics 31.0.101.5081
dimon_sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 12:06 AM   #44
Jim Sachs
Developer

What has always happened in the past when these issues come up is the card manufacturers put a patch in their drivers to support older versions of DirectX. Hopefully, that will happen again.
Jim Sachs
Old 04-11-2024, 08:20 PM   #45
Rita

Embarassed I have the same problem...

Hi there!

My name is Rita and I too am very disappointed that I'm not able to use Serene Screen anymore. I did notice something today though... when the fish leave trails on the screen, it's only where the background is. I tried to go into the settings to see if choosing different colored backgrounds makes a difference, but that didn't work. I'm wondering if the creator of the software could amend the code for the background. Possibly some part of the code for the background isn't jiving with the newer graphic cards. I do feel that it definitely has more to do with the background code than the graphics cards. I'm not an IT person, but if it were everyone's graphics card, then the fish would leave trails over the entire screen, not just where the background is. What do you think? Any ideas on my theory??
Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 11:28 AM   #46
dimon_sk
Registered

Hi Rita! Welcome to our club of unhappy MA screensaver users...

Due to the fact that the application will no longer be developed, there is only one way - it is to choose the right version of the graphics adapter driver on which it will work normally and block its update in group policies.

I contacted Intel technical support and they recommended that I install the latest driver version for Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics 31.0.101.5382.

If you have Intel UHD Graphics adapter, you can try to install this driver and check the working capacity of the MA screensaver on it... I'll try to do this later...

Also, leave your feedback here about the current version of your installed driver and whether MA works or does not work on it.
Old 04-12-2024, 11:56 AM   #47
Jim Sachs
Developer

Hi, Rita --

At 74, I don't seem to be able to write or understand code any more, so it's not likely I could change anything in the program. Some of the new graphics drivers are not refreshing the background, and I have no idea why. It worked fine for 20 years, then they decided to change something. In the past, some have realized their mistake and fixed it in the drivers.
Jim Sachs
Old 04-13-2024, 06:56 AM   #48
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

That it worked fine for 20 odd years is a testament to the original code. Not many other graphic programs have stood that test.

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 08:40 AM   #49
dimon_sk
Registered

Ralph, can you share information about what kind of graphics adapter you have and what version of the driver you are using?

I still have hope that SachsMarine Aquarium will work on my new laptop...
Old 04-14-2024, 07:05 AM   #50
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Originally posted by dimon_sk:
Ralph, can you share information about what kind of graphics adapter you have and what version of the driver you are using?  
Fraid it would not help much, I am still using Windows 7. And, except for Google hounding me to upgrade, happy with it.

I must also admit to having gone to the other side and use an Apple laptop. A magazine subscription sold out so I had no choice but to switch... so ashamed.

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 12:57 AM   #51
rhaythorne
Registered

This combination works fine:

Dell Optiplex 3280 AIO
Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Intel UHD Graphics 630
Driver Version 30.0.101.1692
rhaythorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 06:20 AM   #52
dimon_sk
Registered

Rhaythorne, thanks for your feedback...

I have Intel® Core™ i3-1315U Processor and the minimum driver version that I can install is 31.0.101.3729 and higher... They started graphics support in these Raptor Lake-S processors with this version drivers...

In any case, I think your feedback will help other users with a similar configuration...
Old 04-20-2024, 07:35 AM   #53
F34R
Registered

Just wanna update on my results.

Win 11
rtx 4090
all updated drivers and windows updates
works perfectly.

Asus ROG Ally
Win 11
all updated drivers and windows updates
works perfectly.
F34R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 03:24 PM   #54
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thanks for the info.
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows