Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 05-20-2010, 09:04 AM   #41
Dale
Banned

There's some problem with asking for clarification? Or suggesting changes? Or with understanding that Jim is absolutely in charge of the end product?

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
I've decided to go the Limit Frame Rate route.  
OK. What parts of the user interface change with that? And what will CTRL-R do now?

And I'm sure that "everybody" is interested in whether that will be in MA3.1, or will be later.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:11 AM   #42
harris
Registered

+4

+3. Of course, I've been depressed ever since my income got cut by 90% a couple of years ago, leaving me to build my house all alone.  
Jim,

You are not alone when your family is at home!
harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:15 AM   #43
cjmaddy
Registered

Do I really have to repeat again what I have already said here?

Originally posted by Dale:
And I'm sure that expressing my personal opinion will draw some angry responses.  
No, - not angry, - bloody furious! ..... Dale, have you never heard of Cromwell ?

Cromwell had a line for it....

In 1653, after learning that Parliament was attempting to stay in session despite an agreement to dissolve, and having failed to come up with a working constitution, Cromwell’s patience ran out. On 20 April he attended a sitting of Parliament and listened to one or two speeches. Then he stood up and harangued the members of the Rump. This speech does not survive but has often been paraphrased, for instance in the, Book of Days...

"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!"
There are a number of members who I may not always agree with, but we are all allowed our own opinions. However, it is obvious to me that Dale and JohnWho are the two most disruptive protagonists. Without their contributions this forum might be able to return to something like normality.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #44
Jim Sachs
Developer

Dale - The Program Settings will contain a checkbox for Limit Frame Rate, and a slider to set the number.

Harris - Correct, my family is home while I'm at the lot, pounding nails. (Although my daughter has been showing up in the afternoons lately, to cast cement corner stones.)

Cliff - Occasionally Dale comes up with something I've missed that really needs to be done. Also, out of all the Forum members, he is the most willing to go the extra mile in Beta testing, sometimes putting together entire systems to check something. Sure, his posts are often a bit long, but just do what I do - only read the first two lines

JohnWho gets a free pass because he has volunteered to do the whole ReadMe file.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:21 AM   #45
Dale
Banned

Thanks, Jim.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:36 AM   #46
cjmaddy
Registered

Jim, Check your PMs.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:24 AM   #47
JohnWho
Registered

Dale - The Program Settings will contain a checkbox for Limit Frame Rate, and a slider to set the number.  
Hopefully, this will show up in the "11g" final beta?

JohnWho gets a free pass because he has volunteered to do the whole ReadMe file.  
Working on it even as we speak.

Of course, I can't finalize anything until you (Jim) tell me that the beta I see is the final I get. (See signature for translation assistance.)

Originally posted by Dale:
And I'm sure that "everybody" is interested in whether that will be in MA3.1, or will be later.  
Well, now that it's mentioned, if 11g goes final, wouldn't the next logical programming release be either 3.12 (we've had 10d for a long time, the 11x's have been reent test betas) or 3.2?
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
JohnWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:11 PM   #48
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Cliff - Occasionally Dale comes up with something I've missed that really needs to be done. Also, out of all the Forum members, he is the most willing to go the extra mile in Beta testing, sometimes putting together entire systems to check something.  
Dale does not have a patent on testing on Windows Vista/Windows 7.

Well, now that it's mentioned, if 11g goes final, wouldn't the next logical programming release be either 3.12 (we've had 10d for a long time, the 11x's have been reent test betas) or 3.2?  
The next official release would be 3.1.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows