Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 11-25-2008, 04:06 AM   #1
Mith
Registered

Phones

Hey, just picked up a phone today (T-mobile's "G1") phone. I noticed there's a version of the SS for "Pocket PC's".... is that the same thing as a phone, i.e. Iphone/Blackberry/G1 etc?

Thanks.

Oh, if it is... is that a seperate license?
Mith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:21 AM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

The iPhone is the only one with a version of the Aquarium so far, and it's simply a (very large) video file. I put up a link is some other thread a few days ago. Yes, it's a separate license.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:51 AM   #3
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
What about this one? SereneScreen Phone Edition -Windows Mobile Users
Haven't heard any news from it anymore?
I'm so wish to install it on our ASUS PDA Phones!!!! As you all know I work in QA department of ASUS Personal Mobile Device business unit, I could Beta test it with out existing Test Cases for third party AP tests, and thus give it a compatibility pass from ASUS
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:19 AM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

That's the PocketPC version that Mith mentioned. It's been available for several years on SereneScreen.com, but has never been a big seller. Andrew Beery did a wonderful job porting the Aquarium to hardware with very limited capabilities.

The iPhone could be a whole different story. I've heard that it really has quite a bit of horsepower, and can do OpenGL. We'll see how well the Arktis "movie" version does before deciding to commit any resources to a real iPhone version.
Jim Sachs
Old 11-25-2008, 09:07 PM   #5
Mith
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
The iPhone is the only one with a version of the Aquarium so far, and it's simply a (very large) video file. I put up a link is some other thread a few days ago. Yes, it's a separate license.  
OK thanks jim.
Mith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:29 AM   #6
James

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
That's the PocketPC version that Mith mentioned. It's been available for several years on SereneScreen.com, but has never been a big seller. Andrew Beery did a wonderful job porting the Aquarium to hardware with very limited capabilities.

The iPhone could be a whole different story. I've heard that it really has quite a bit of horsepower, and can do OpenGL. We'll see how well the Arktis "movie" version does before deciding to commit any resources to a real iPhone version.  
Well, the original Pocket PC version on SereneScreen.com doesn't include the shell of mobile which includes touch UI. the Video clip on Andrew's blog shows much more improvement then then one on SereneScreen.com and it also includes GA not only MA!!

I was wondering does animation technique implemented in new one is actually same as the original one by using several images looping like GIF, I can even replace the help page with another one in Chinese which is just an image file...However, it looks more smoother in new one....but it's seems Andrew has stop developing because the last news heard was back in March....!!
James C Chen
HTC Corporation
www.htc.com
Old 11-26-2008, 09:46 AM   #7
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

James,
A link to his blog?
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:16 AM   #8
James

Originally posted by Tiny Turtle:
James,
A link to his blog?  

try the thread link SereneScreen Phone Edition -Windows Mobile Users, you can see Andrew's post and his blog link...

edit: direct link to Video blog post
http://beerysbit.blogspot.com/2007/1...day.html#links
The video isn't short, it's 8 min 38 sec!!
You can also see Goldfish and Waterfalls....so much smoother then the one on SereneScreen.com, that's why I doubt Jim's reply, it looks totally different. I consider we were talking two things here, the one on SereneScreen.com is very jaggy, and doesn't include the Touch UI shell. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
James C Chen
HTC Corporation
www.htc.com
Old 11-27-2008, 11:51 AM   #9
Jim Sachs
Developer

Goldfish and Waterfalls may appear smoother on his emulator, but Marine Aquarium only gets about 6 fps when running on an actual PocketPC.
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive