Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X
Notices

Old 08-30-2005, 07:34 AM   #1
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Sound And QuickTime

A recent release of QuickTime has made the sound loop not loop very smoothly for Goldfish. Actually, it is rather bad. I just got a response from Apple about what to do about it, and I'll address the problem in September (I hope) along with adding some of the features I was working on this Spring.

Until then, there is a simple way to make the problem much less frequent. The Read Me refers to "SoundLengthLoop" and this is the key.

Open ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.prolific.LifeGlobe.GoldfishAquarium.*.plist using TextEdit. The '*' part will vary from computer to computer.

At the bottom you'll see lines that look like this:

</dict>
</plist>

Just before these two lines add the following two lines:

<key>SoundLoopLength</key>
<integer>60</integer>

That tells the sound loop to internally lengthen itself to 60 seconds, so the hiccup will only occur once a minute instead of every 7 seconds.

Personally, I turn off the sound immediately upon installation. Gap or no gap, I prefer silence.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:54 PM   #2
minezamac
Registered

Any movement?

Just before these two lines add the following two lines:

<key>SoundLoopLength</key>
<integer>60</integer>

That tells the sound loop to internally lengthen itself to 60 seconds, so the hiccup will only occur once a minute instead of every 7 seconds.

I have an intel mac and have tried the marine aquarium and it's sound is fine, is there no way to use the sound resource ile from it with goldfish? I purchased the app in April of 2005 and have never used it because unlike you it's sole purpose for me is being a psuedo fish tank, therefore I like the sound it is pleasent and relaxing when it doesn't hiccup every 7 or 60 seconds. I would be happy at this point to swap a keycode from goldfish for marine aquarium so I could at least use the app for something, it is so beautiful to watch it is just painful that I can't use it.

Still frustrated after many many months.

Minezamac
minezamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:37 AM   #3
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Please leave feedback at Order N Development with your e-mail address. I'm working on Intel Goldfish, and the sound code is currently under my attention.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 08-03-2007, 01:50 PM   #4
EdwardT
Registered

I just purchased Goldfish Aquarium 2 and the sound issue is still there.
After a period of time, I get the hiccup where the sound stops momentarily.

Dual 1.25 GHz G4
OSX 10.4.10
EdwardT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 02:59 PM   #5
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Hi EdwardT,
I'm on vacation at the moment, but still watching the forum. If it isn't too much trouble please time the frequency of the gaps for me and leave feedback at the Order N Development web site.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 09-02-2007, 12:14 PM   #6
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Sound Looping

I'm going to issue an update to GA2 to mesh with Leopard. It will contain a fix for the sound looping problem which was introduced with a recent update from Apple.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X