Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 10-26-2003, 01:01 PM   #1
mkcole
Registered

MA and Panther

I bought 2.0 on CD from CompUSA, installed in Jaguar and MA registered itself from the CD--no problems. Ran like a champ.

I did an archive/install for 10.3, reinstalled MA from CD, upgraded to 2.0.6, configured it (white bubble stream gone). Now everytime Mac screen saver comes on, I get a blank screen w/ message that I have to enter keycode to get it to work. When I reinstalled from CD, at the register screen it looked like it accepted the CD registration and when I upgraded, I had CD in drive and it appeared to accept the CD registration then too.

Any ideas as to what's causing this? Do I need a keycode now that I've upgraded from 2.0 to 2.0.6? Thanks.
mkcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 01:20 PM   #2
mkcole
Registered

UPDATE

I deleted everything associated with MA--all prefs, everything. Then I reinstalled 2.0 from CD, reinstalled 2.0.6, went to Screen Savers and configured. It never asked for code or CD. When I activate using corners, it comes on just fine but it still gives me the blank screen saying I need keycode for it to work when it comes time for the screen saver to kick in. This is VERY frustrating. I don't know what else to do. Also repaired permisos after installing--only changed one so that's not the problem. All other software is up-to-date and supposed to run with 10.3. Checked Apple forums and I don't have anything else installed that other people are having problems with.

Pls let me hear from someone who can help. Thanks.

Last edited by mkcole; 10-26-2003 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-26-2003, 05:22 PM   #3
Michael Babin
Mac Development

Quit the MA application and/or make sure the screen saver is not active (not running and System Preferences is not running). Delete the file "com.prolific.ScreenSaver.Aquarium2.plist" from your /Library/Preferences directory (note that this is the top level Library directory, not the one in your user folder) and try entering the keycode again (or in your case, using the CD to register).
Michael Babin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 06:48 PM   #4
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

mkcole,

The problem has been resolved by removing the prefs files for everyone so far. If you are having a new problem then please leave feedback at Order N Development so that we can figure out what is going on.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 01:28 AM   #5
mkcole
Registered

Will follow Michael's instructions and report back. Thanks so much for responding. I knew you wouldn't let me drown!

Kathy
Old 10-27-2003, 08:15 AM   #6
mkcole
Registered

Followed Michael's instructions and that fixed me right up!

Thanks again.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:44 AM   #7
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Isn't it great having Michael B. and Jim O. around?
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 05:01 PM   #8
Unregistered

After the upgrade to Pather, the bubbles are now just a cone of white... everything else is fine... but I've had to turn the bubbles off.. any ideas?

(just bought the screen saver this past week... too)
Old 10-27-2003, 07:18 PM   #9
Unregistered

Bubbles Cone of White

Here's the reply I got from Josh - It worked great and now I'm 'serene' again. Good luck.

Hello,
_
Please try the newest version of Marine Aquarium for OSX, and let us know if the problem persists.
_
Marine Aquarium 2.0.6
http://www.prolific.com/testn825/MA2/MA206.dmg
_
Please let me know if you have any problems with this procedure.
_
Josh Estrada
Customer Service
SereneScreen.co
Old 10-27-2003, 09:17 PM   #10
mimiper
Registered

I have version 1.1 of MA. I recently upgraded to the Panther OS. Now when I try to set MA as the screensaver in system preferences it crashes and won't play it at all. Do I need to upgrade to the latest version of MA? How can I fix this problem.
mimiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 12:24 AM   #11
Michael Babin
Mac Development

Are you using MA 1.1.2 on Panther? I've tested this version myself on Panther and haven't encountered any problems (other than the bubble column displaying as white). Have you tried deleting your preference files (search for files with "prolific" in the name, there should be three on your system in /Library/Preferences and ~/Library/Preferences, where ~ denotes your user directory).
Michael Babin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive