Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 08-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
Stang
Registered

Stopped working

I just put MA 3.1 on a new win7 Toshiba laptop. The program worked as a screen saver for 3 days and then upon booting the machine on the fourth day MA stopped working. I can run it manually but it will not function as a screen saver anymore. As far as I can tell, my newly installed Norton Internet Security 2012 is not stopping the program from working, but.....

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Welcome to the forums.

Step 1: Remove Norton Internet Security.

NIS prevents the Aquarium from running as a screen saver. Removing Norton software will also dramatically improve the performance of your computer and eliminate countless conflicts and nightmares people have reported with it.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
Stang
Registered

Originally posted by feldon34:
Welcome to the forums.

Step 1: Remove Norton Internet Security.

NIS prevents the Aquarium from running as a screen saver. Removing Norton software will also dramatically improve the performance of your computer and eliminate countless conflicts and nightmares people have reported with it.  
Thanks for the suggestion.

It seems to me that NIS should be able to be configured for MA. But if not and I replace it with McAfee, will McAfee allow MA 3.2 to function?
Old 08-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
jimkraz
Registered

Try Microsoft Security Essentials, it's free, I have it running on four PCs in my home and another 4 for family, had no viruses so far. Jim
Something Fishy Going On
jimkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:28 AM   #5
Wizwad
Only me...

McAfee will allow MA3.2 with no problems, but is not the best AV solution to go for by any measure. Take JimKraz's advice and go for Microsoft Security Essentials.
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:14 AM   #6
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Personally I have used Kaspersky for several years now. It runs fine with MA and causes no problems. The only issue with it seems to be that when it updates daily it takes slightly longer than I wish it did, but I solved this by setting it to automatically update once a day in the early AM so it doesn't matter to me.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:52 AM   #7
Stang
Registered

Thinking that it may be my internet security program that was preventing MA from working I installed a different internet security program and reinstalled MA. It did not help at all. So then I got to thinking, what was a common thread to the whole situation.? The mouse was a common element so I just disconnected it to see what would happen. What happened was that MA acted like a screen saver again and came on by itself. As it turns out I was using a wireless microsoft mouse and apparently it automatically periodically sends out a signal that makes MA think the mouse has been moved. I switch over to a Logitech wireless mouse and MA has worked since then. Problem solved by switching the mouse. Bet that one is a new one for the books.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Terry
Old 08-13-2012, 05:06 AM   #8
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Nope heard that before.

If you like the other mouse better, then go to program settings and uncheck "exit on mouse move" then you can use your other one again.

Glad you figured out the problem.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #9
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yep, we've heard that one before, but it's been a few years.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows