Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 02-20-2002, 10:32 PM   #41
dimbulb
Registered

Key Code Problem

In the interest of stress management, Jim has verified that there is a problem with some keycodes. We didn't imagine it. He's checking it out.
dimbulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 10:34 PM   #42
wa2joc
Registered

Unhappy Key Code Won't Work

Add me to the list of those whose new key code doesn't work. I have filled out the feedback form on the support site.
wa2joc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 10:40 PM   #43
fred_hurst
Registered

Thumbs Down

thanks for the info dimbulb
fred_hurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 10:59 PM   #44
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, the system does seem to be generating some Key Codes that don't work. Prolific is looking into it.

PLEASE don't order the Aquarium agiain if you already have paid once. The refund process consumes MUCH more time than looking up a Key Code, and the customer-service guys are already outnumbered 70,000 to 3.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 11:03 PM   #45
xdawgg
Registered

frame rates

I was just wondering if 42 fps is good...and if not, how can I get more?...I have a 8mb nvidia vanta graphics card.
xdawgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 11:07 PM   #46
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, 42 is fine.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-20-2002, 11:17 PM   #47
rcl66
Registered

I have to give major kudos to Jim and the other guys for being here to provide instant support when this thing went live. They were ready to deal with the inevetiable problems. I for one appreciate the availability of their support and suggestions.

--Craig
--Craig
rcl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 11:18 PM   #48
snorkler
Registered

Big Grin

OK Morgan, I used your link but get the message that my Name is wrong or some such CRAP! I have owned and enjoyed the aquarium for some time now. I am a member of this forum. I supposedly was on your e-mail list, though I did not get any notification or new key code. What's next? I was anticipating this release as much as any and am SORELY dissapointed. I expect you will be busy answering MANY e-mails as I doubt that I am alone in this!
snorkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 11:21 PM   #49
Jroztan
Registered

Big Grin Problemmatic KeyCode

Add me to the list that keycode is having problem.
Registered last year but i lost my exact name. So troublesome and it seems that Prolific lost my email also.

Looks like I gotta wait for quite some time now.
Jacky Tan

WIWIWIG
What I Want Is What I Get
Jroztan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 11:34 PM   #50
Jim Sachs
Developer

Snorkler -

Morgan has nothing to do with the generating of Key Codes. He just runs this site as a hobby and service to others who enjoy the Aquarium.

Actually, I have nothing to do with the Key Codes, either, but I have been trying to help out Prolific and take care of as many problems as I can tonight. The speed of service is directly related to the customer's attitude..
Jim Sachs
Old 02-20-2002, 11:41 PM   #51
hayc59
VoodØØ Child™

i to would like to say thanks for your help!!
and it was my attitude that made me make so many mistakes!
i recomend alot of patience it will all pay off in the end!!
CUDOS to all of you that made this new version sooooo wonderful!!
ãrê ¥Øu êxpêriêncêÐ
Never Forget

God Bless America

hayc59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 11:46 PM   #52
bslenter
Registered

Relax everyone!

OK it's great to see all this enthusiasm for the new version, but there's a few who are way too wound up because they can't get it RIGHT NOW due to a few glitches or whatever. It isn't going to KILL you to wait a couple more days for Prolific to work out the distribution kinks. This screen saver is incredibly popular (for good reason), and Prolific is a very small company, so I'm sure they are overwhelmed right now. Please give them a break. Remember 99L is still a damn cool screen saver to look at while u wait.

I also can't seem to convert my key code, but I'm confident Prolific will sort it out soon. Can't wait to see the lionfish.
bslenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 11:48 PM   #53
Jim Sachs
Developer

OK, Will Ware has found and fixed one problem with the Key Code generator. It was due to the fact that I now allow lower case characters in the Code. Whether this is the only problem remains to be seen.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-21-2002, 12:07 AM   #54
snorkler
Registered

Unhappy

Jim, I understand that Feldon runs this site as a "hobby" but this doesn't change the fact that this is a major screw-up. Feldon implied that we would be notified, Prolific seems to have "lost" a number of people, and I do not think it has anything to do with customer "attitude".
I will keep trying because I really enjoy your aquarium but this has NOT been a good experience.
snorkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 12:14 AM   #55
Jim Sachs
Developer

Morgan forwarded the email addresses to Prolific, Prolific is sending out emails in batches of 5000. It will take some time to get them all out, even if the email addresses are correct.

Most people who have written in have gotten their new Key Code in minutes, and you could have too, if you'd just cool down.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-21-2002, 12:18 AM   #56
celebensis
Registered

Beta key code page

and crash.... didn't work out so well

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e57'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]String or binary data would be truncated.

/support/betaconfirm.asp, line 162

hmmm in IE as above in Netscape a nice logo and nothing else
Dave:
Plants Keep The World Alive
celebensis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 12:19 AM   #57
feldon34
Forum Administrator

snorkler,

I'm tempted to just ignore your comments, since the majority of the responses I get here and in private, and from my superiors are positive.

I will answer one comment. Actually, Prolific has asked ME to send out the 3,400 e-mails when version 1.1 is available. If you had bothered to look around and see the hellstorm that is going down because of a few thousand bad keycodes, and put two-and-two together, you'd figure out why I haven't sent the e-mail.

When version 99L came out, I had sent out 1,200 e-mails within 4 hours of the Aquarium being released. So it's not about a lack of preparedness. I actually held back from jumping the gun to make sure the coast is clear.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 02-21-2002 at 12:23 AM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 12:22 AM   #58
feldon34
Forum Administrator

celebensis,

Keycodes are being rengenerated. Try two hours from now.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 12:47 AM   #59
Wicked
Registered

I'm having the same problem as Kjason.

There simply is no reg key after "Keycode:" in the email. I've tried both ways of getting the new keycode, by just entering in your email address, or the one where you enter your name, email, beta keycode, and beta version. All return the same email reply with no actual keycode.

Maybe I have to wait for this after midnight PST thing, but I just wanted to point this out as I haven't seen much mention of this particular problem. I just don't have a new keycode to try.

Well, I'm sure it will all get worked out in the end. Just wanted to say thanks to Jim for this excellent product. I really enjoy having the aquarium running all the time.

Oh and btw, I happen to work on The ScreenSavers and I know how much Leo enjoys the aquarium. If you haven't done so already, I'm gonna give him a heads up about the new version tomorrow.

Keith
Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 01:03 AM   #60
crinz83
Registered

Same thing for me... no new number appears where it should in the E-Mail, and I also tried both ways.
crinz83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive