Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 02-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #401
cohiba420
Registered

Cool

amen!
cohiba420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #402
zeeric
Registered

well, it's a fantastic simulator of fish, but it's for relaxing, i can't see what else it can be so simulator, yes but screen saver, it can't be call another way at the moment : not a game, not a scientific test for us, but a good time to be cool in front of a simulator af life, a complex screensaver For the clock, i agree that it's not the most important thing for a simulator the clams, interacting with fish are more important.. but you re clock is a good thing HS by the way, i discover that you have done the graph of defender of the crown??? you are nearly a god for amiga lover congratulation really !!!
zeeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #403
Jim Sachs
Developer

I think there's a compliment in there somewhere, so thanks.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #404
Overlord
Registered

Here's a compliment for you. Thanks for finishing the clock so you can go forward with the clams, new fish models and critter packs. I hope people realize that since you started this screensaver years ago, any request that gets added in is a bonus not a necessity.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #405
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

If the clams are almost done, then I would vote for holding off on updating the installer version so it can include the clams.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:44 PM   #406
Jim Sachs
Developer

I've already turned in Beta9c to Edgar and Mark to be wrapped in the installer and put onto SereneScreen.com.

The clams are nowhere near done, but I'm up to my armpits in them. I'd guess they'll take a couple of weeks.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-11-2009, 12:45 PM   #407
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Ouch, I didn't know it would be that long. Sorry Jim.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:23 AM   #408
Chiana
Registered

Hellow Jim,

First Of All Gr8 Work... This Is My Favorite Screen Saver /Application In The All World...

Second, I wold Like U To Considur Adding The Feature:
That A Mouse Duble Click On The Aquarium Window Will Switch Between Full Screen / Window Mode (Like Media/Video Players)...

Thanks In Advanced, And Very Much Appreciation For Your Work...
Chiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:08 AM   #409
Jim Sachs
Developer

Maybe. It's already pretty easy, though - just a right-click away.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-16-2009, 04:13 AM   #410
Chiana
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Maybe. It's already pretty easy, though - just a right-click away.  
Hey Jim,

Many Thx For The Reply...
The Right Click, Post The Mini Menu... The F Key, Do The Trick...
But Mouse Double Click Will Be More Convenient...

As I Say,It's For Your Consideration... I Will Buy The New Ver Anyway...
Old 02-16-2009, 05:36 AM   #411
tormod
Registered

Originally posted by Chiana:
Hey Jim,

Many Thx For The Reply...
The Right Click, Post The Mini Menu... The F Key, Do The Trick...
But Mouse Double Click Will Be More Convenient...  
If this is implemented how will we be able to "tap" the glass without causing
a minimize/maximize ?

tormod
tormod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:36 AM   #412
Chiana
Registered

Originally posted by tormod:
If this is implemented how will we be able to "tap" the glass without causing
a minimize/maximize ?

tormod  

Hi Tomrod,

"tap" the glass? I don't See This Feature In This Version (& Never Used It B4)...
Any Way, I Sure Hope Jim Will Go With My Suggestion... Or Maybe An Option To Choose Keys Settings Manualy...
Old 02-16-2009, 07:54 AM   #413
tormod
Registered

Originally posted by Chiana:
Hi Tomrod,

"tap" the glass? I don't See This Feature In This Version (& Never Used It B4)...
Any Way, I Sure Hope Jim Will Go With My Suggestion... Or Maybe An Option To Choose Keys Settings Manualy...  
It's not implemented yet, it's a future idea. The idea is to mimic how a fish
would react if you tap the glass. On the MA you would use the mouse. A
double click to minimize/maximize would impede this feature.

tormod
tormod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:24 AM   #414
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I don't see the point really.

If that was implemented it's not changing or adding anything. You would need to right click twice - 2 clicks. Right now it's right click once, choose from the menu, and left click once; 2 clicks. What's the difference? Plus you lose the extra functionality of the other choices there.......................
Old 02-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #415
cjmaddy
Registered

We already have the F key and the Right-Click context menu, to toggle between Full and Windowed mode. So I hope/think that there are far more important demands on Jim's time and attention, - at this stage of MA3's development! ... Yes?
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:28 AM   #416
Jim Sachs
Developer

Cliff - Yes.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #417
Wizwad
Only me...

How *are* those clams coming along? Still giving you grief, Jim?
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #418
Jim Sachs
Developer

OK Wiz, here's a progress report.

I loaded all my former clam pieces and experiments into Lightwave and realized I had to change my plan slightly on how to animate them. No big deal, but they will need an intermediate position between open and closed. As the clam closes, the blue "meat" needs to clear the teeth of the shell, so it has to arc out of the way, instead of the linear movement from one position to the other. I put together some more tests, and found that the bare shell didn't look convincing in its closed position. So, I went to the local aquarium store and bought an empty clam shell to photograph. I still haven't got the lighting exactly right, but it will work.

At about that point I had a conference call with Prolific, and was informed that they are talking to several publishers to take the place of Encore, and we'll need a Gold Master disk soon. Now, the first batch of CDs that are produced will just be a copy of the latest Beta at that point, and then the customers will be encouraged to come and get free updates. But there are still some functions which I'm not comfortable turning loose on the general public in their current state. Sure, it would be nice to have the clams working, but they are not really vital. So I decided to put them on hold and spend a day implementing a better music interface and a Logo interface.

The internal workings of the Logo interface will be nearly identical to the music interface, so I tackled the music first. Each time someone has complained about the music pausing before it starts, or some other problem, Edgar has added a level of checks and indirection until the sound system is unbelievably difficult to follow. A day became two, then three, then four. I think I finally got it, though. The user can now open up the Music dialog box, click on any song in the list, preview it, and move it up or down in the list. The Logo playlist will be very similar, with the addition of being able to set the number of seconds that each logo will play.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-16-2009, 05:18 PM   #419
cjmaddy
Registered

Wow!...
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:42 PM   #420
Wizwad
Only me...

I'm sorry to hear you've been dragged away from the clams, but glad you've got a handle on how to progress with them. Also glad you've managed to come up with a music/logo interface you're sorta happy with.

So is that Gold disk required right away, or do you think you'll have time to work on a couple of other more interesting bits before it has to be pushed out?
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows