Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 01-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #1
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Nvidia Shutter Glasses

These cost about the same as the Eye3DPremiums I already have, but it looks like 3D may be trying to make a resurgence in the market, pushed along by nVidia. Hopefully by the time you get things well in hand with MA3 Jim, It might be back to where viewing your work in 3D stereo vision again is very possible.

It looked totally awesome on MA2.6 with the old drivers, and that was without everything being truly 3D like it is now. If the goofs would just make the latest drivers support XP I would be doing a happy dance already.

Nvidia also has a page dedicated to stereo on their site.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Stereo vision died with the CRT, but has been showing a few signs of rebirth. The shutter-glasses need a 120-hz display with a very fast pixel-kill rate, and LCDs which can do that are just beginning to show up. It will be a long time before they are affordable for the PC market.

I'm more encouraged by the new wave of viewing goggles that use a separate screen for each eye. The resolution is still low, but once they reach 1024x768 I'd be interested. Here's one which features 800x600: http://www.3dvisor.com/products.php
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #3
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Stereo vision died with the CRT, but has been showing a few signs of rebirth. The shutter-glasses need a 120-hz display with a very fast pixel-kill rate, and LCDs which can do that are just beginning to show up. It will be a long time before they are affordable for the PC market.  
Boy, do I have good news for you two...

How about the Samsung 2233RZ, a 22"/1680x1050 display running at 120 Hz available for less than $400 at launch (in April)?

Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

Not bad!
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:38 PM   #5
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Nice find Calle, this has possibilities.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:18 PM   #6
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Happy Turtle!
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #7
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

That is nice.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #8
jleslie
Engineer

I just bought some colorcode glasses, to see if that is really an improvement over the old red/blue glasses (planning to start with the 3D episode of Chuck). I suspect there's a hype factor, but should be a bit of fun, perhaps with a bonus headache, or perhaps a bit of the wow factor, we shall see...
jleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:06 PM   #9
Socrates
Sage

I got a look at the geforce3d glasses at Frys today.

They are amazing. My old shutter glasses went in the trash a few years ago as they never really worked past novelty. Nvidia didn't even bother with useful driver updates after a while. Hopefully this new version will stick around.

Bummer about the 120hz LCD's, but if enough games and MA work on them I'll totally make the investment.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows