Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X
Notices

Old 11-14-2014, 01:30 PM   #1
Michael Babin
Mac Development

Marine Aquarium 3.3 in Beta

Please download at http://www.orderndev.com/downloads/M...arium3_3b1.dmg

This build will automatically pull your MA 3 keycode for its own use, but it will keep its own preferences separate from MA 3.2, so you should be able to use both at the same time.

From the ReadMe file in the disk image:

"What’s New in Marine Aquarium 3.3
Upgraded to add OpenGL Core Profile support to address “transparent fish” issue on some newer Macs with Intel integrated graphics. Requires Mac OS X 10.8 or later.
New feather dusters

Known Issues
1. The “Show FPS” option does not work. The text message in the aquarium showing the frames per second measurement is not displayed.
2. The fade between two backgrounds does not work. The new background “snaps” into place at the end of the transition. The foreground lighting transition does occur correctly."

Feedback is appreciated. Please include what OS and what machine you have.

Thanks,
Mike
Michael Babin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:31 AM   #2
muratd

3.3 works great, some questions...

Hello,

Long time Mac user of MA here. Love the app.

Had some difficulty running 3.2 on a Mac Mini (Mid 2010 2.4Ghz intelCore Duo, 4GB RAM, Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB) running Yosemite (10.10.1)

Installed 3.2 last week, was running fine. Today, I get a blank screen when the App is running (menu bar shows Marine Aquarium running but none of the app windows show?) Do not know what, if anything, changed to induce this - did not install or make changes to the system other than OS updates.

I wanted to completely uninstall but cannot - your uninstall instructions are our of date. Specifically step 2: "Drag /Library/Preferences/com.prolific.ScreenSaver.MarineAquarium3-3.plist to trash"

There is NO com.prolific.ScreenSaver.MarineAquarium.* in /Library/Preferences.

Removing the app and the .saver did not appear to remove the installation. I wonder where you end up storing the .plist file under Yosemite.

Looking for solutions in the forum - I ended up discovering the 3.3 beta - and installed it. Works great!

Still NO com.prolific.ScreenSaver.MarineAquarium.* in /Library/Preferences but 3.3 seems happy - so you appear to be digging the key from somewhere.

Can you please update full removal instructions for OS X 10.10? Or provide an "uninstall" app in the .dmg that does whatever is needed?

Thanks,

M. Divringi
muratd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:02 PM   #3
engelens
Registered

Works like a charm on Yosemite on my Macbook Pro!

Love it! I would love more coral movement, though
engelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 03:58 PM   #4
ekotan
Registered

Works well on my 13" MacBook Pro with Retina display running 10.10.1. Fixes the translucent fish issue, thank you. This is on an Intel Iris integrated GPU. Great performance, gorgeous program, one of my favourites.
---
The best friend money can buy
ekotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:43 AM   #5
rhildinger
Registered

Is MA 3.3 dead now? It's coming up on a year now since the last MA 3.3 beta was released. Any chance of seeing a new beta or heaven forbid an actual release of MA 3.3?
rhildinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:42 PM   #6
Jim Sachs
Developer

3.3 has been the official version for quite some time.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:00 AM   #7
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

I think interest in Screen Savers peaked years ago. I think the current version is the final cut and further development is not likely to happen. SS was the best.. still is, by many standards but time and technology move on.

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:57 AM   #8
rhildinger
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
3.3 has been the official version for quite some time.  
As far as I can tell, the latest available version for the mac is a beta version (3.3b1) that was released nearly a year ago. It still has the bugs with showing the FPS and background snap-in. If there is a non-beta version of 3.3 for the mac available, I can't seem to find it.
rhildinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:51 AM   #9
Dabombguyman
Registered

I'm glad that the forum bot has been kind enough to send me a happy birthday message every year. It's been years since I've been here.

Glad to see that there have been updates, but I'm sad to see that it will soon be done with.
Hope I can help. somehow . . .
Dabombguyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:47 AM   #10
Jim Sachs
Developer

Ah, I see - we're talking about the Mac. That depends on Jim O'Connor and his team.
Jim Sachs
Old 10-25-2015, 07:29 AM   #11
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Smile

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Ah, I see - we're talking about the Mac. That depends on Jim O'Connor and his team.  
Are we going to see more development on the PC side?

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:42 AM   #12
Jim Sachs
Developer

If I ever get my house done and find someone to take care of my mother (Alzheimer's). The way things stand, I fall asleep at the computer after just a few minutes.
Jim Sachs
Old 12-18-2016, 11:29 PM   #13
jgbackes
Registered

Any news on MacOS 3.3 Release

I love watching the fish. Was 3.3 ever released for the Mac?

jeff
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 04:53 AM   #14
snakeface66

Originally posted by muratd:
Hello,

Long time Mac user of MA here. Love the app.

Had some difficulty running 3.2 on a Mac Mini (Mid 2010 2.4Ghz intelCore Duo, 4GB RAM, Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB) running Yosemite (10.10.1)

Installed 3.2 last week, was running fine. Today, I get a blank screen when the App is running (menu bar shows Marine Aquarium running but none of the app windows show?) Do not know what, if anything, changed to induce this - did not install or make changes to the system other than OS updates.

I wanted to completely uninstall but cannot - your uninstall instructions are our of date. Specifically step 2: "Drag /Library/Preferences/com.prolific.ScreenSaver.MarineAquarium3-3.plist to trash"

There is NO com.prolific.ScreenSaver.MarineAquarium.* in /Library/Preferences.

Removing the app and the .saver did not appear to remove the installation. I wonder where you end up storing the .plist file under Yosemite.

Looking for solutions in the forum - I ended up discovering the 3.3 beta - and installed it. Works great!

Still NO com.prolific.ScreenSaver.MarineAquarium.* in /Library/Preferences but 3.3 seems happy - so you appear to be digging the key from somewhere.

Can you please update full removal instructions for OS X 10.10? Or provide an "uninstall" app in the .dmg that does whatever is needed?

Thanks,

M. Divringi  
thx!!!
snakeface66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X