Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 07-30-2002, 08:05 AM   #21
Unregistered

Cool.

Awsome. I get 35-36 fps with a dual 450.
Old 08-06-2002, 09:35 PM   #22
bond2

Thumbs Down Dual Monitor Support

Please set it up so that both monitors act as one aquarium and the fish could swim from one monitor to the other!! That would be the coolest thing ever.
Old 08-06-2002, 09:52 PM   #23
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I'd hate to see the coral stretched out that wide.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 09:52 PM   #24
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Yes it would. We all want this too. But it is a bigger task than it seems. We will do this one day. I have two monitors, and you don't get better service than self service.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 02:40 PM   #25
bond2
Registered

Cool Stretched out??

Originally posted by feldon23
I'd hate to see the coral stretched out that wide.
Why would the coral be stretched, obviously they would add more different types of coral maybe even some cool underwater ferns or plants. The same movement that is used in the fish could essential be used in some greenery that could sway back and forth. As graphics cards are becoming better and better the possibilities of how realistic this screen saver could be are endless.
G4 400 w/ Dual Display
Rage 128 & Radeon 7000
832mb Ram

http://homepage.mac.com/bond2
bond2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 04:37 PM   #26
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

...some cool underwater ferns or plants...
– Wouldn't those fit better in a freshwater aquarium?

/TT
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 05:14 PM   #27
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Why would the coral be stretched, obviously they would add more different types of coral maybe even some cool underwater ferns or plants. The same movement that is used in the fish could essential be used in some greenery that could sway back and forth.
If by "they", you mean Jim Sachs, the author, artist, graphic designer, and programmer of the Aquarium, he's going to add a 3D background similar to how you describe in the next year or so.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 08-15-2002, 02:26 PM   #28
thanatos2k
Registered

Re: Dual pain

Originally posted by Reichart
Supporting Dual monitors is VERY tricky. We are working on both Mac and PC.

Here are the modes:

Multi-Monitor: Meaning 2 or more, of differing resolutions. Each can have completely different images.

Stretched: One video card, multiple monitors, both the same res. This one is annoying.

Cloned (mirrored): Copies what is one, to another. In some cases there are special versions of Cloning where the main monitor is full res, and VIDEO can be displayed at full res while being a window on the main one.

Vertical: Monitors that pivot. They are a sub-section for us of the multiple monitor issue.

Yes, it would be WONDERFUL to have a huge tank, that could be displayed across multiple monitors, and the fish could move from monitor to monitor. And, one day we will do this. But it requires a rebuild of the code. Also, this eats up an AMAZING amount of CPU time.

This product, and product line is constantly growing. We are working VERY hard to improve things for the future, and enable our team to make incremental improvements more easily (like new fish).

We plan to please, but ask for patience.
Multi-Monitor is something you are working on? So 2, 3, ..., n monitors? I am running 4 panels right now, 2 above 2. I am considering adding 2 more for 3 above 3. Will the rewrite take into account the POSITION of multiple monitors? I.e., will I have ground on the 2 monitors that are on top? Or will it built a bigger, virtual aquarium based on the coordinates of the windows extended desktop and display the parts of the aquarium that fall within a physical monitor? FYI, considering the quality of the graphics and program, I would be willing to pay $75-$100 for the program if it had those capabilities and included an appropriate number of simultaneous fish.
---
Thanatos2k
thanatos2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 03:41 PM   #29
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

2x2, up down side by side.

We might support a virtual to physical monitor position system one day.

I wrote up a concept for an interface last year. We might use it for a new product we are working on. Therefore I cannot describe it.

But thanks you for placing a value on this feature. Lets hope OS companies start supporting Dual monitors better quickly.

It is a feature that will quickly become important.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 04:58 PM   #30
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Well fortunately, Mac OS has supported multiple displays since 1988.
Old 10-18-2002, 07:36 PM   #31
wmdonnelly
Registered

I'm using a 800MHz Quicksilver PowerMac G4, with an ATI Radeon 8500 driving two monitors. I can place the aquarium on either monitor, but the "Use Multiple Monitors" button is always greyed out. Is there some trick to activating multiple monitor support, or is the Radeon 8500 not supported in dual-head mode ?

Thanks,
Bill Donnelly
wmdonnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 09:01 AM   #32
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Multi-monitor is available in the screen saver, not the application on OS X. The envisioned usage of full screen on the app is to watch the aquarium while doing work. Having MA App full screen on both monitors makes it hard to do work, so you'd probably want to use the screen saver for that, activated through a hot corner.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 11:24 PM   #33
Unregistered

Smile

I'm extremly impressed with how well this graphic looks and works.
I've owned real salt water tanks before, and I have to say this is just beautiful, obviously alot less work, and extremly environmentaly safe! No need to drug and snatch the poor guys from there natural habitat! Great job!
I can't wait to see a snowflake Eel, a Pufferfish, an Octopus, the posabilitys are endless!!!
One sugestion that would really complete the realizm of the tank, is to see a little motion in the
live corals, I can't remember exactly the name of them, but there the ones the Clownfish swim in.... Just and added suggestion to an allready wonderful animation!
Thanks again.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive