Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-03-2002, 03:19 PM   #1
slofland
Registered

Smile serenescreen on tv

I was watching "Nearly Famous: Las Vegas Showgirls" and in one of the scenes there was a computer in the backrground running the screen saver!
slofland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:48 PM   #2
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Add Nearly Famous: Las Vegas Showgirls to the "As seen on..." list.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 10:34 PM   #3
Jim Sachs
Developer

Might be pretty hard to get a clip of this.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 06:30 PM   #4
Schnaaps
prolificus penguinus

WEB UPDATE

So, we finally got around to adding the as seen on section to www.serenescreen.com.

I have added a link here so you can see our list. If we are missing anything please let me know.

http://www.serenescreen.com/appearances/index.php

-Jim
"Jim, no not THAT Jim but another of the same name"

JamesRathbun.com
Schnaaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 07:11 PM   #5
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

One mistake: For "Extreme Makeover - Home Edition" it says "Screen Shot Available," but when you click on it, there is no screen shot.

But everything else looks fantastic! Great job! We've all got to try and hunt down more screen shots for the ones we don't have.

One more thing, isn't it funny how the screen saver comes on from bottom to top in Bridget Jones 2? It doesn't do that on my system. They must have done some special programming for it to do that, right?
Patrick
Old 02-18-2005, 06:47 PM   #6
Schnaaps
prolificus penguinus

Hello Pat,

Extreme Makeover link is fixed. The BJ2 screenshots, it is entirely possible that some web buy put the photos in the wrong order, but since I have seen the movie I can't actually verify that said web guy made any mistake...

However, we have three new shows coming soon which are posted on this link
http://www.serenescreen.com/appearances/index.php

also, if you haven't seen them yet.. my personal favorite is the STEM Magazine link, which now has some screenshots.
"Jim, no not THAT Jim but another of the same name"

JamesRathbun.com
Schnaaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:57 PM   #7
Enigma
Registered

16 Highscores

Did anyone catch the shots of MA on "My Name is Earl" last night? They showed a couple of shots of Earl and his brother playing with a stolen notebook. NBC took Jim's program and mutilated it. The coral background and a couple of the fish were right, but they stuck a tacky treasure chest and some huge fake looking fish in with it. All I could think of was Jim's worst nightmare of someone defacing his work or art.
?
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:01 PM   #8
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Here are some screen shots from it. Enigma is right, it is MA but it looks terrible with that treasure chest in it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg earl005.jpg (58.2 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg earl006.jpg (44.4 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg earl007.jpg (48.9 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg earl008.jpg (50.7 KB, 111 views)
Patrick
Old 02-10-2006, 10:09 PM   #9
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Sheesh, that does look terrible.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:13 PM   #10
Enigma
Registered

16 Highscores

Thanks for the screen caps Pat. I deleted the tivo recording before I thought to take any.
?
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:03 AM   #11
Jim Sachs
Developer

I didn't see the "Earl" episode, but as usual they didn't ask me. One film which DID ask is the new Harrison Ford thriller "Firewall". Pretty good movie (we saw it today) and they used the Aquarium in two scenes.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-11-2006, 03:53 PM   #12
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Can they mess with your work like that, Jim? Don't you retain some right to not have it altered?

/Tiny China
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:59 PM   #13
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Firewall asked for your permission Jim? That's so cool. Did you get a credit at the end?
Patrick
Old 02-11-2006, 08:29 PM   #14
Jim Sachs
Developer

Tiny - No, they can't legally mess with my work, but I have no desire to spend my life in court.

Pat - I guess I should have stayed through the credits to see if SereneScreen was mentioned.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-12-2006, 07:11 AM   #15
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Ok, still looks horrendous though.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:01 PM   #16
klyntun

I know there is another thread for MA sightings, but I can't remember its title. Anyway, MA appears breifly in the movie Firewall, which was an okay movie but no real surprises.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:08 PM   #17
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Clint,
Check out post #11 in this thread by Jim...

Old 02-14-2006, 04:48 PM   #18
klyntun

Oops!
Old 02-15-2006, 01:22 AM   #19
edaniels
Goldfish Aquarium Developer

I saw the "Earl" episode, but I was laughing too hard to even notice that it was Jim's screensaver... I mean, it was hilarious. They're driving down the highway with the screensaver running on a laptop... and when their favorite fish swims out of sight, Earl gets upset, forgets he's driving, and focuses only on the laptop... he tries to coax the little fish back out, and ends up crashing into a pole. I call that classic comedy... and flattering to these screensavers!

But they didn't have to mangle Jim's for the joke.
----------------------------------
E R I C D A N I E L S, a n i m a t o r
Goldfish Aquarium Screensaver
----------------------------------
edaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:23 AM   #20
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Yeah, even funnier was when the screen saver first came on they were all surprised and excited and then when it disappeared they couldn't figure out how to get it back so they just left the laptop on and open hoping it would miraculously come back, which of course it did.

I just took some screenshots from "Firewall" and made them into a little .gif file but it's not so little after all. I just sent it to Morgan hoping he could post it on the forum for me or edit it and fix it up and then post it. Thanks a bunch Morg.
Patrick
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive