Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-26-2003, 03:13 AM   #1
Panthera
Hygenius

V0.99L vs. V1.1

Ok, I'm curious about something. I'm still stuck on the v0.99L because of the muddy green background.. but what I noticed with 0.99L is occassionally it will freeze.. just for a millisecond or so. I don't see that happening with the V1.1. Is that a bug in 0.99L? I have a new computer, so I doubt it is my computer, I'm running a 2.66Ghz, 512mb ram, NVIDIA GeForce 4. SO... has anyone seen this 'freeze' happen with 0.99L version? When it starts to bother me, I will switch to V1.1 but I just really like that muddy green background color in 0.99version. Ok, that's it, thanks
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 04:49 AM   #2
avelanchefan
Registered

Pnathera,

You may want to set your MA resolution exactly to your screen resolution/color bit(16 or 32). MA defaults to the "default settings". I experienced the same thing you did, but it cleared right up after I set it exactly like the computer is set. And I have the same CPU as you do except I run a P4 2.53 (Mines an HP).
avelanchefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 05:09 AM   #3
Panthera
Hygenius

Oh ok, im sorry but I dont understand what you just said.. I dont know what MA resolution is etc. I'm sure I won't have a problem figuring out HOW to do it, only if i knew what MA was. Thanks
Old 03-26-2003, 05:22 AM   #4
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Panthera,

MA2 is the newest version of the aquarium. You should really upgrade the version you use. It's been awhile and you are missing out on alot of items.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 05:26 AM   #5
Panthera
Hygenius

I know I know.. but im reallllly stuck on the older version because i love the muddy green background, guess I'm just stubborn that way. I dont care for the dark blue. My opinion. Anyway, thanks for the replies.
Old 03-26-2003, 05:29 AM   #6
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

You don't have to use the dark blue. You can set different colors with the arrow keys just like you did with the older version. Have you even downloaded and tried the newest version to see how it ran for you or if you could find a background color you like?
Old 03-26-2003, 05:36 AM   #7
Panthera
Hygenius

No, I just assumed it was going to end up dark blue like version 1.1. (BTW, a little off subject here.. please forgive me, I tried submitting my photo on here like others.. but it keeps saying its too big.. and when i made it small.. it looks MINUTE (sp) very very tiny.) =) I will check out 2.0 see if it has any green backgrounds. Thanks =)
Old 03-26-2003, 06:21 AM   #8
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Panthera,
E-mail me the image and I'll fix it up for you.

Use " calle @ foretagtillforetag . com " (remove the spaces first)

/Tiny (very very)
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 06:54 AM   #9
Panthera
Hygenius

Wow thanks!
Old 03-26-2003, 10:44 AM   #10
Gigazoid
Registered

Panthera;
I understand the preference of the older versions. I too, still find myself using .99K, I like the muddy green also (which is repeatable in all versions). I also prefer the movement of the fish which has changed since the inclusion of the Lionfish. On the down-side you miss all the new fish that have been added.
Gigazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 12:24 PM   #11
Jim Sachs
Developer

Panthera -

The "one-second freeze" problem was noted in early versions. It was usually caused by network software or being on-line. The software would freeze all running programs for a few milliseconds at one-second intervals while it checked the network for new messages. On some systems, displaying text on the screen (press the "s" key) would fix this.

The codebase of the 2.0 version is totally different, and I have not heard whether this problem still exists. This upgrade is free, so why not just download it and try it out? You can always just delete it and use the old one if you wish.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 12:43 PM   #12
Panthera
Hygenius

Ok, yea I suppose change is good huh? Thanks for the clarification on the 'freeze'. I will check out 2.0
Thanks again
Old 03-26-2003, 12:51 PM   #13
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Gigazoid
Panthera;
I understand the preference of the older versions. I too, still find myself using .99K, I like the muddy green also (which is repeatable in all versions).
How do you repeat the muddy green in MA2?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 01:12 PM   #14
Panthera
Hygenius

Isn't muddy green only in v0.99L??
Old 03-26-2003, 01:59 PM   #15
Gigazoid
Registered

I must have misunderstood what you meant by "muddy green" I thought you were referring to the shade of green background. I meant that you can adjust the color of the background using the arrow keys.
Gigazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 03:15 PM   #16
cjmaddy
Registered

Panthera, I too prefer the old colours, I don't find I can repeat exactly the same blue/green, but close! - in the newer versions, - but have you tried the 1.1.6wide? - (if Morgan will still send it to you!) - that is my favourite!
I have the background colour set to VERY dark blue at the top, blending to black at the bottom, - superb!
(It can also be set to blue/green, if you wish!)

Can't resist an opportunity to plug the wide version !!!

The down side is, there is still a Lionfish unfixed bug! ........ But I can live with that!

Strange isn't it, a few weeks ago we were told that everyone preferred the blue, - now there are 3 of us who don't.

ps, I will post a blue/green version if you want!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 03:43 PM   #17
handimannbob
what's up doc ?

i too miss the movement of the fishes like in older versions......they used to swim through the layers more and swim towards me......
bob
handimannbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 03:48 PM   #18
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Sheesh,
The background should be all black (or very, very dark blue). – Just wish the front and back lighting controls were separate.

Jim, how come this minor (but requested since .99) feature cannot be implemented? I'm ok with the not entirely black front and back thing, but is there something else preventing this?

/Tiny B(l)ackground
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 04:17 PM   #19
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

New settings are in the development stage. Alot of things are being addressed, but you will probably see them implemented in a different saver first.
Old 03-26-2003, 04:24 PM   #20
Jim Sachs
Developer

Prolific is currently handling all the programming for MA2. I am meeting with them on Friday, and I'll bring this up.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive