Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 03-13-2003, 06:19 PM   #1
joconnor

MA2 for Macintosh???

In case you aren't watching the MA2 thread...

Jim Sachs said
"Mac version release will be simultaneous."
Old 03-13-2003, 06:39 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 09:15 PM   #3
mrtew
Registered

What's Marine Aquarium 2? Is that an update to Marine Aquarium or is that the Freshwater one? Please explain to clueless Mac users, and tell us when it's expected to come out!
mrtew
mrtew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:05 PM   #4
donaldc

just downloaded MA2

Hi,

I just received my free upgrade to MA2. I've downloaded it have it running now. The new fish are quite good. The user interface is also much nicer.

Thanks for the free upgrade. I wasn't expecting it.

Donald
Old 03-18-2003, 10:45 PM   #5
mrtew
Registered

Wow, I just got it too! Thanks! I like the new fish a LOT! So nice to have a change! The only think I don't quite get is that I could always have an eighth fish on my TiBook before and now it only allows seven. I wanted more fish, not less! I am going to enjoy them for a while before asking where the fresh fish and the live coral etc are! :-]
mrtew
Old 03-18-2003, 11:10 PM   #6
dpfenninger
Registered

Just downloaded it too...but I accidentally deleted the email with my new keycode.

I submitted my email address on the SereneScreen website, but I think it only gives out the old 1.x keycode which doesn't work.

Anxiously awaiting my new keycode...

Dave
dpfenninger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 11:54 PM   #7
Polcamilla
Registered

I bought the physical version of MA 1.1 (for OSX) at CompUSA, so I'm a little confused as to where that leaves me, as I don't have a keycode, but also didn't buy v1.0.

Do I get a free upgrade or will I have to pay? If the latter, does that mean I have to wait until Prolific figures out the pricing?
Polcamilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 02:12 AM   #8
richb
Registered

Originally posted by mrtew
The only think I don't quite get is that I could always have an eighth fish on my TiBook before and now it only allows seven.
Same here!
richb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 05:43 PM   #9
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

richb and mrtew -- you only have 7 fish? What is the resolution of your tibook screen? I biased the wide/normal algorithm slightly towards the wide aspect ratio to help out TiBook users. It goes wide on my TiBook (1280x854).
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 05:54 PM   #10
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Polcamilla
I bought the physical version of MA 1.1 (for OSX) at CompUSA, so I'm a little confused as to where that leaves me, as I don't have a keycode, but also didn't buy v1.0.

Do I get a free upgrade or will I have to pay? If the latter, does that mean I have to wait until Prolific figures out the pricing?
Your CD is your keycode.

MA2 will be a $5.95 upgrade for you, which will be available the first week of April.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 06:45 PM   #11
Unregistered

Originally posted by JimO'Connor
richb and mrtew -- you only have 7 fish? What is the resolution of your tibook screen? I biased the wide/normal algorithm slightly towards the wide aspect ratio to help out TiBook users. It goes wide on my TiBook (1280x854).

Sorry, I was adding fish with the new control panel and at the bottom where I was going to add the eighth fish it says "8th fish for widescreen only" so I thought I couldn't select it, and when I looked in the tank I only saw 7 of them. But it turns out that the 8th fish message is below where I had already added the 8th fish and he was hiding behind a rock in the aquarium, so it's working fine here. Sorry for the false alarm. I have 1280x854. I like the always-wide feature by the way!
Old 03-19-2003, 06:48 PM   #12
mrtew
Registered

Originally posted by Unregistered
Sorry, I was adding fish ... I like the always-wide feature by the way!

By the way, the post above was me, mrtew. I accidently posted without signing in.... these forums should be fixed so you can't do that!
mrtew
Old 03-19-2003, 07:12 PM   #13
richb
Registered

Smile Ooops!

I guess your interface isn't idiot proof! I made the same mistake and now that I count the fish there are 8!
richb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 09:48 PM   #14
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by mrtew
By the way, the post above was me, mrtew. I accidently posted without signing in.... these forums should be fixed so you can't do that!
I took the very unusual step of making it possible to post questions to the Mac forum without registering or logging in.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 03-19-2003, 10:03 PM   #15
mrtew
Registered

Originally posted by feldon27
I took the very unusual step of making it possible to post questions to the Mac forum without registering or logging in.

I think you put too much trust in Mac people. You should see some of the posts at some of the Mac forums. Outrageous!
mrtew
Old 03-19-2003, 11:47 PM   #16
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The behavior of the people at VersionTracker.com will possibly affect future rollouts of the Aquarium.
Old 03-20-2003, 02:49 AM   #17
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

The label under the 8th fish was intended to reduce confusion, not add to it. There isn't room to put the label next to the 8th position any longer.

I'm glad you guys are happy (we won't even THINK about Version Tracker!).

"Share and enjoy."
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 08:06 AM   #18
Unregistered

my two cents

>The behavior of the people at VersionTracker.com will possibly affect future rollouts of the Aquarium.

In that... ? Or did you refer to 1.1 comments? I can't see them anylonger it seems...

BTW - There's a particular newsgroup where someone posted a hint on how to bypass your serial check algo (for the KILLA...)

So maybe either you scramble it, or you, well, I don't know either... basically that's why Unsanity has gone for 7$ per Haxie, and is still adding serials they find. In COMBINATION of these two, its too anyoing for a number of users and they spend the 7$.

PS: Versiontracker is evil, use MacUpdate. Versiontracker only lists certain softwares, not basically ALL Mac Software. They reject certain ones, and I hate such things.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:51 AM   #19
Jim Sachs
Developer

Jim O. is referring to Version Tracker posting the link to the new version long before we were ready. People were downloading it with no knowledge that a new Key Code was required, then accusing us of "killing" their Keys.

One nitwit actually threatened to bring a class action suit against us. I have no idea how he would show that we had caused him irreparable damage because he didn't get the FREE upgrade to his screensaver quickly enough. My suggestion would be to switch his browser from Version Tracker to CNN.com and see IF THE WAR HAS STARTED!
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 03:41 PM   #20
Unregistered

I see, thanks.

Yeah well it's quite common to sue your neighbour these days ;-(
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive