Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 12-10-2002, 12:08 PM   #1
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

For those with "App won't Launch" problem with Jaguar

v1.1.3 is TEMPORARILY available at http://www.orderndev.com.

The publisher will have v1.1.3 with new instructions on the SereneScreen site shortly, at which point this will be pulled since they have the bandwidth to handle volume downloads and I don't.

If you don't have a problem launching the application then PLEASE don't bother downloading this. There is one tiny optimization you won't notice, and it is packaged to fix the problem that keeps OS X Jaguar from attempting to launch it.

Thanks for your patience.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 12:54 PM   #2
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

I need someone who gets v1.1.3 using the link above to post here giving me feedback that it solved their problem, please. Thanks.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 12-14-2002, 11:31 PM   #3
Jack hanoka
Registered

It works
Jack hanoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 11:34 PM   #4
Jack hanoka
Registered

I downloaded it today-I am using OSX 10.2.2 Jaguar on a 1ghz G4 Ti notebook. I could not launch the program from the desktop --- This download version fixed the problem and all is well now.
Thanks
Jack Hanoka
Jack hanoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 12:59 AM   #5
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Great. Thanks.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 01-11-2003, 07:32 PM   #6
michelson
Registered

thanks for v 1.1.3

I discovered MA screen saver today while visiting a local Apple retailer and had to have it! I downloaded v 1.1.2 from SereneScreen and was frustrated with the application icon not working. Then I found this link and downloaded v 1.1.3!!

Thanks - Its almost as much fun as watching my "real live" MA, and I hope will require far less maintenance.

SereneScreen NEEDS to update their site with v 1.1.3
Craig
michelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 10:29 AM   #7
Unregistered

Jim
the 1.1.3 version launches for me - but still will not retain the reg code. Suggestions?

Using 10.2.3
Old 01-18-2003, 12:15 PM   #8
Unregistered

more on the crashes

A bit more testing with 1.1.3 - while the app will launch now, on both a Titanium and an eMac, the app and the saver will not take either my reg code OR the TESTFISH code. You can enter TESTFISH and it will appear to take it, but when quiting the app or trying to launch the saver via a hot corner it comes up witht the reg screen again.

On both systems, running 10.2.3, I notice a fix.prebinding crash log being written to the console after trying to enter the reg code.

There is something being done at the reg code entry that is either triggering an Apple bug or a Marine bug.

reply to: bhenry@mac.com
Old 01-19-2003, 01:52 PM   #9
feldon34
Forum Administrator

TESTFISH is a code that must be entered each time. I don't have an answer for why it won't take your purchased code though.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 02:21 PM   #10
richb
Registered

I am also happy 1.1.3 launches but frustrated by the keycode request every time it launches. Keep up the good work and get this fixed please! OS 10.2.4 on an 800 MHz TiPB. Thanks
richb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 02:33 PM   #11
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

If your purchased keycode is accepted once, but you need to enter it repeatedly then you _probably_ have a permissions problem on your machine. Apple has various posts in their support areas to help fix this sort of thing. In the Applications/Utilities folder is the Disk Utility application which has permissions repair functionality. If that doesn't fix the problem then please e-mail me so we can look into it further. You should only have to enter your keycode once per user on the machine, and if everything is right then you only have to enter it once per machine for all users.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 02-25-2003, 04:24 PM   #12
richb
Registered

Thanks for the reply. I ran Disk Utility - Permissions and it didn't fix the problem. Which file or folder permissions do I need to check? (I tried to email you through the forum)
Old 02-25-2003, 06:02 PM   #13
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Use the link for Order N Development and leave feedback. Permissions are a real stinker on X.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 02-26-2003, 12:26 AM   #14
richb
Registered

The problem is solved for me! I thought I had deleted and re-installed everything but I found six preference files by searching for "prolific." After deleting them, emptying the trash, launching the app, and re-entering my keycode it finally sticks! Now there are only three "prolific" files.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive