Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 02-24-2003, 04:28 PM   #1
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Cool Who would like this feature?

If you have a TiBook then you know the disappointment when you go full screen in Marine Aquarium, expecting to get the widescreen layout of the tank, but get the normal layout. Does this cause bouts of depression, muttering under your breath and other signs of displeasure?

The problem is that the ratio of the width to the height on the TiBook display (1.498829) is a VERY TINY amount the wrong side of halfway between the optimal ratio for widescreen and narrow. That halfway point is 1.5, so you can see how little the bias would have to be.

If you had a check box which would allow you to bias the decision towards widescreen slightly, would this make you happy?

I was thinking about a "force widescreen" check box, but this doesn't work for someone with a TiBook driving a second display which is 4:3 (normal) as well, as the wide tank on a 4:3 display is severely distorted.

Would you rather that we just bias the decision without asking?

Please comment. I don't have much time to slide this in.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 09:47 PM   #2
mrtew
Registered

I would definitely like to have the aquarium always display the widescreen format on my Tibook. The coral and the fish look much better compressed than stretched and I think the scene looks empty without the purple coral. It's very bizarre also how as a screensaver it displays widescreen and as a full screen program it doesn't. (And then there is the added bonus of an extra fish in the tank in the wide format). It doesn't really matter to me whether it's a default or a checkbox, but I vote for widescreen 100%. I guess the box would be good if you can do it in case someone disagrees with me.
mrtew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 02:39 PM   #3
richb
Registered

Here's my vote:

just bias the decision without asking
richb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 04:21 PM   #4
ric
Registered

I'd vote for it to bias in favor of widescreeen as well.
ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive