Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 02-11-2003, 11:33 AM   #21
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Liath,

A free swimming, ink squirting, totally real looking Octopus will probably be the last thing offered for the Salt aquarium. Kind of the crowning achievement I guess you would say.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 11:47 AM   #22
Liath
Still here in spirit

I've read that the octopus may happen some day. I'm glad I'm not the one designing it though. Seems like a royal pain in the neck. I'd honestly be thrilled just to have a couple of snails, but the octopus certainly would be the crowning achievement of SSA.
Liath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 12:29 PM   #23
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

We haven't told Jim about it, but a pet octopus would be enough for a screensaver of it's own...

//Tiny Octopod
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 01:46 PM   #24
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Liath,

Without going into tech stuff, you hit the nail directly on the head. The Octopus will take many more polygons and much more work. I guess thats why it will be last and the hardest.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:55 PM   #25
Liath
Still here in spirit

Octopus screensaver. Wow! I would love to see something like that. When I was a kid, we had a room full of aquaria. The geek in me drools at the thought a room full of monitors. A digital version of that room. *sigh*
Old 02-11-2003, 05:16 PM   #26
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

To tell the truth, I'm not sure just how that part will work. Parts of it are still yet to be definitively deceided I think. We have 7 fish now, and you can run all 7 of the same fish if you want too. I think there are or were, several different choice boxes available in the code, just not turned on yet, for invertebrates of the future. Jim has said before, just as a guess I think no definate plans yet, that when we get the 3D background and have more room in the tank so to speak we will have more options than just 7. Now wheather that is including the future planned invertebrate choices and if you could turn on maybe 2-3 Octopi if you wished I'm not sure. Just have to wait and see on that one.
Old 02-11-2003, 10:44 PM   #27
mrtew
Registered

I'm so desperate for something new that I'd take ANYTHING now! I've been looking at the same fish for years now. At least in a real aquarium the fish would die after a while and you'd go out and buy new ones! :-] I never even see the starfish go up on the glass anymore.
mrtew
mrtew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 09:19 AM   #28
Liath
Still here in spirit

Originally posted by mrtew
I never even see the starfish go up on the glass anymore.
Poor starfish I guess he's bored too.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive