Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Logo Downloads and Help
Notices

Old 06-18-2004, 01:23 AM   #1
wong01
Registered

color logos pack

There are some very pretty and good color logos posted in the forum. Anyone care to compile them into a color logo pack. I would love to install them. Have a nice day, everyone.
wong01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 08:18 PM   #2
stoorat
Registered

Don't know if these are your style, but here are a few that I created today. Not sure how many attachments I can get in one post, so I'll put previews here and a .zip file in the following post.

I don't have time to arrange them nicely like so many others--just take my word for it that this picture doesn't do them justice. They look much better in the program.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg logo composite.jpg (46.8 KB, 328 views)

Last edited by stoorat; 07-04-2004 at 12:24 AM.
stoorat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 08:22 PM   #3
stoorat
Registered

Here are the 3 eagle logos.
Attached Files
File Type: zip eagles.zip (86.5 KB, 86 views)
Old 07-03-2004, 08:23 PM   #4
stoorat
Registered

Here are the dragon and sax logos.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dragon & sax.zip (60.9 KB, 71 views)
Old 07-03-2004, 08:25 PM   #5
stoorat
Registered

One more, it's a tiger. .zip file will follow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tiger.jpg (38.3 KB, 302 views)
Old 07-03-2004, 08:27 PM   #6
stoorat
Registered

Here it is. If all these posts at once are unacceptable I'll tone it down in the future. Let me know if you like these and I might get around to doing more soon.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tiger.zip (49.7 KB, 73 views)
Old 07-04-2004, 06:54 AM   #7
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Look pretty cool to me. Keep em coming.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 07:05 AM   #8
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Some good logos. If you don't mind reading a critique of your work, read on, otherwise skip this message!

I think with a few finishing touches, these logos could be put up at my Logo download site. A lot of people seem to be just pasting photos or logos they find on the net. That's great that people are getting creative, but it's not really what I'm looking for in a downloadable logo pack. The logos you've done are much closer to what I think would appeal to people. Ok, now for the critique...

The dragon could be brighter or more distictive.

The tiger is nice but can it be bigger?

The Eagles logo looks pretty good and is shadowed just right, but it's not fully cut out. Some white gaps remain.

The sax gets lost in the crystal because of the way it's cut out. Thin outlines are always tricky. Maybe it should be reversed out (white sax with shadowing)?

The eagle head is a bit too sharply cut out. I know that cutting out logos is a PAIN. It is the hardest part of this logo creation process.

The flaming eagle is definitely the most dramatic logo of the bunch. I'd love to see it lower and bigger.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 07-04-2004, 05:35 PM   #9
stoorat
Registered

Thanks for the critique, I appreciate your input! After having looked at all of these for a while while the screensaver was running, the thoughts running through my head paralleled what you posted almost word for word.

re: dragon logo--I agree. The problem is whenever I tried to lighten it up it started to look washed out. And I'm far from being a PhotoShop guru. Any ideas on how to lighten the image without losing detail?

re: tiger logo--I would LOVE to make it bigger, but whenever I tried the MAT2 would resize it waaaaaay down and put it offcenter somewhere on the crystal. How do I fix that?

re: "EAGLES" logo--I noticed that myself finally. It was the first logo I created and I wasn't paying close enough attention. Dur. Dumb mistake, but at least this one is easily fixable.

re: sax logo--Gotta try inverting the image. I was ready to pull my hair out with this one. I didn't want to thicken the outline too much, but I couldn't figure out how to make it show up better.

re: eagle head logo--would softening the embossing fix this? Or should I redo the logo from scratch and go for softer angles? The original was supposed to look like it was cut out of razor sharp steel.

re: phoenix eagle logo--see tiger logo. I'm having real trouble making these things large but not so big that MAT2 doesn't resize them and align them in some screwy fashion.
Old 07-04-2004, 05:42 PM   #10
stoorat
Registered

Here are some aquatic themed logos. I'm not sure how well they'll display here, so I'll tell you what they are. The two on top are humpback whales-the left one monochrome and the right one is a deep, muted green. The two in the middle, from left to right are a pod of dolphins and a water sprite. The bottom logo is a shark. .zip file to follow.

As an aside, is it bad form in these parts to take up bandwidth by just posting these things? Should I post previews and then wait until someone askes for the compressed files? Just wondering.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aquatics.jpg (66.1 KB, 276 views)
Old 07-04-2004, 05:43 PM   #11
stoorat
Registered

.zip of the above logos.
Attached Files
File Type: zip aquatics.zip (92.7 KB, 79 views)
Old 07-04-2004, 11:06 PM   #12
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by stoorat
re: dragon logo--I agree. The problem is whenever I tried to lighten it up it started to look washed out. And I'm far from being a PhotoShop guru. Any ideas on how to lighten the image without losing detail?
Hard to lighten something that's black without washing it out. But if there is some shadow detail, then Levels or Curves can help.

re: tiger logo--I would LOVE to make it bigger, but whenever I tried the MAT2 would resize it waaaaaay down and put it offcenter somewhere on the crystal. How do I fix that?
Sounds like a problem someone else was having. Make absolutely sure the logo is 256 x 256 pixels and a PNG-24 image.

re: sax logo--Gotta try inverting the image. I was ready to pull my hair out with this one. I didn't want to thicken the outline too much, but I couldn't figure out how to make it show up better.
I suppose you could double the logo somehow.

re: eagle head logo--would softening the embossing fix this? Or should I redo the logo from scratch and go for softer angles? The original was supposed to look like it was cut out of razor sharp steel.
Razor sharp steel still has a smooth flawless edge. Aliasing = ragged edge.

Can you post the original PNGs and an example PNG that is "freaking out" so I can improve my instructions to catch this problem?
Old 07-05-2004, 02:13 AM   #13
stoorat
Registered

Originally posted by feldon28
Razor sharp steel still has a smooth flawless edge. Aliasing = ragged edge.
Ah! Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to the sharp ends, but you were talking about aliasing. Sorry. Yeah, that should be easy to correct.

Originally posted by feldon28
Can you post the original PNGs and an example PNG that is "freaking out" so I can improve my instructions to catch this problem?
D'oh! I'm such a complete moron. I was resizing the entire image/canvas, rather than just making the subject take up a greater percentage of the canvas.

Fixed both (I think) and even did a couple of Celtic knotwork designs. The eagle now has smooth edges (and I even added some "sparklies") and the tiger is much larger. Lemme know what you think. All these PNGs, including the fixed tiger and steel eagle zipped in following post.

Edit: Feh. The embossing and whatnot didn't show up at all in this preview, so I'll just post the PNGs one at a time in the following posts.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:33 AM   #14
stoorat
Registered

Fixed Eagle
Attached Images
File Type: png steeleagle.png (26.0 KB, 237 views)
Old 07-05-2004, 02:34 AM   #15
stoorat
Registered

Fixed tiger
Attached Images
File Type: png tiger.png (77.3 KB, 240 views)
Old 07-05-2004, 02:38 AM   #16
stoorat
Registered

Celtic knot art
Attached Images
File Type: png celticknot.png (29.7 KB, 233 views)
Old 07-05-2004, 02:38 AM   #17
stoorat
Registered

Celtic circle
Attached Images
File Type: png celtic circle.png (64.4 KB, 227 views)
Old 07-05-2004, 02:39 AM   #18
stoorat
Registered

Celtic Oval Cantle
Attached Images
File Type: png celticovalcantle.png (54.7 KB, 221 views)
Old 07-05-2004, 02:44 AM   #19
AKcrab
Registered

MUCH better!
AKcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 02:53 AM   #20
stoorat
Registered

Enlarged phoenix
Attached Images
File Type: png phoenix.png (46.4 KB, 218 views)
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Logo Downloads and Help