Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 03-30-2009, 06:32 AM   #21
kevinthemilkdud
Registered

I guess I am throwing a stick in the spokes here..I may be one of the few that have my system set up this way..Let me just explain whats happening without the disable sleep mode..I don't use a screensaver, I just want my monitor to shut off after a certain period, mine being 3 mins. on battery- 5 mins. on ac. Now say I want to run MA3...ok..I start it manually then of course after 3 or 5 mins the screen goes into sleep mode and no more MA3...I can hear the bubbles and such, but u aint seeing nuthin... Just makes sense to be able to disable sleep mode as before. Thats all. Thanks.
kevinthemilkdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:04 PM   #22
Something Fishy

Apparently not all the bugs have been worked out when it comes to sleep mode. I'm running an HP Pavilion with an Intel 82865G video card with DirectX 9. While Marine Aquarium 3 is running (as screen saver or as program) my computer never goes into sleep mode regardless of power settings. Also after a couple of minutes my CPU fan comes on and stays on for as long as Marine Aquarium is running. I wonder if anyone else is having the fan problem?
Something Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:31 PM   #23
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

The fan is probably not a "problem" per se. It's trying to save it's life. You are probably generating heat way more than your graphics or cpu likes and it's trying to cool itself down before it overheats.

First hit the "S" key and watch the stats in the upper left corner. Then use the UP arrow key and turn your sleep mode up so that your fps drops before you fry some components.

Everyone PLEASE realize that just because MA 2.6 ran well on your system doesn't mean that MA 3.0 will. The new version is going to take better hardware to run as there is allot more going on, and it's not even close to finished yet.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:44 PM   #24
321liftoff
Registered

I've seen a few people comment on the temp of the CPU. In the final version, will it be up to the individual user to adjust the sleep parameter or will there be some mechanism to automatically implement the optimum sleep value?
321liftoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #25
Jim Sachs
Developer

The user will need to set it. I wouldn't presume to dictate the temperature that their computer should run at. Maybe they're using it to heat their house
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows