Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 06-10-2009, 08:35 AM   #41
sca
Registered

Originally posted by Mikey242:
Very strange indeed. The only other thing I can think of is a software conflict going on. This is often caused by antivirus software or even driver software. Does this happen with any of the beta versions of MA3?

Try booting into safe mode and try accessing the settings panel (obviously the screensaver itself will run poorly if at all in this mode). This will tell us if it is possibly linked to either drivers or a software conflict.

Good luck!  

Went into Safe Mode - did not get a crash, but then, I was thinking can you get an APP Crash in Safe Mode?? Received message "No 3d Devie found" because the drivers were obviously missing. So it did not crash but then, there are so many parts of the operating system not loaded as well that I am not sure it is telling us it is a conflict with AV software or other software anymore than it is a conflict with part of Vista x64, ....much of which does not load in SM....

Shut down all the the AV I can (back in regular mode) and still get the crash....I am using ESET for AV and Firewall, which I find quite good.
sca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:08 AM   #42
Mikey242
Registered

Any luck getting it to work sca?
Mikey242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:18 AM   #43
sca
Registered

Originally posted by Mikey242:
Any luck getting it to work sca?  
No - again, just to be clear -it does work. I just get this error if I access the Settings Panel...it starts and stops fine as to the actual program.

I did not get the error in Safe Mode...so it's a conflict, but again, I don't know if it's a conflict with a driver for another program or for Vista x64 itself....Not too terrible as I don't go into the Windows Screen Saver selection/settings panel that often nor into the Serene Screen Settings Panel that often....
Old 06-14-2009, 08:27 AM   #44
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by sca:

I did not get the error in Safe Mode...so it's a conflict, but again, I don't know if it's a conflict with a driver for another program or for Vista x64 itself....Not too terrible as I don't go into the Windows Screen Saver selection/settings panel that often nor into the Serene Screen Settings Panel that often....  
If you are interested in finding the conflict, there's a (rather tedious) procedure using msconfig to isolate the problem.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #45
sca
Registered

Originally posted by Dale:
If you are interested in finding the conflict, there's a (rather tedious) procedure using msconfig to isolate the problem.  
Yes, that's an idea - I know the general procedure but your exact description would be helpful - I guess I would turn off most everything I can to begin with and see if that stops it in the first shot, and then turn them on until the error returns....I assume I need to reboot on each trial...
Old 06-14-2009, 03:33 PM   #46
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by sca:
Yes, that's an idea - I know the general procedure but your exact description would be helpful - I guess I would turn off most everything I can to begin with and see if that stops it in the first shot, and then turn them on until the error returns....I assume I need to reboot on each trial...  
Here's the Microsoft reference:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950093

I've found the HP article here to be readable, also.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/f...name=c00819747
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:46 AM   #47
sca
Registered

Originally posted by Dale:
Here's the Microsoft reference:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950093

I've found the HP article here to be readable, also.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/f...name=c00819747  

Thanks so much - will see if I have time one evening to play with this - definitely a background down-time kind of activity to do all the reboots....
Old 07-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #48
sca
Registered

Issue not happening in Win7

Hi Jim,

Hope you are well....I just installed the WIN7 RC and there is no problem....so I assume this was an internal conflict with one of my prior programs, a device, or just the way Vista64 was structured...

Any thoughts on the timing of next update....
Old 07-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #49
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thanks for following up on this.

The next update is still a while off.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows