Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 02-23-2002, 10:08 AM   #1
Uroboros
Registered

Cool Screen mode question....just wondering

I've had Sach's Aquarium since more than a few version back. The I upgraded to Windows XP and WinXP Plus which of course has a stripped down version of the screen saver. Thing is I've notyiced one difference betwen the two versions that puzzles me.

I have Powerstrip running which allows me to force screen modes into the refresh rates that I want. Well when the stripped down version of Aquarium pops up; there isn't any changing of the screen refresh rate. I assume that it's not really opening up a new screen but a window on on the desktop.

Now when the full version of Aquarium is run, and it's set to run at the same resolution as the desktop; it's obvious that Powerstrip is changing the refresh rate to match what I've set.

Beyond the fact that the full version allows you to select screen modes beyond what you've set your desktop at; why do the two version work differently?

Forgive me if this has been asked before as I'm new to the forum.
Uroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 10:47 AM   #2
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

The Demo version was required by Microsoft to be coded using DX8 instead of DX6 which is what Jim uses for the full version.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 01:09 PM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

https://www.feldoncentral.com/Sachs/...are_&_Drivers6
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive