Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 07-30-2011, 03:05 AM   #921
PaulsPics
Registered

Thumbs Up Free addons for existing SS members on the Forum

I missed my main point in my suggestion just now posted.

All members on this forum are Logged in with username and logins, that was allowed so that we could all benifit by our own contributions to Jims Work.
For such efforts and time Jim has allowed us to benefit by having even the final product at NO CHARGE $ as in Beta 3 vers 1 > 10 >11 and so on.

To open up the New Products page to all and sundry would seem to be counter productive and endless checking of New Members validity to such benefit
just an afterthought

Paul Sydney Australia , member since 2001 and reciepiet of many such benefits
for my original $20 bucks
Many Thanks Jim
Paul
PaulsPics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:43 AM   #922
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking for.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #923
PaulsPics
Registered

Embarassed To Feldon RE MY POSTS---- NOT UNDERSTOOD REQUEST

Hello Feldon,
You are asking what I want ?
I was just wanting to reinforce my opinion about earlier suggestion of a newer member of placing new announcements on to Twitter.

My understanding is that would advertise to all and sundry on a social discuss page a link to download the latest version of the MAT without the safeguard of having that page within the confines of the security login of this forum.
apart from looking for a needle in a very large Haystack instead of the new posting by Jim into our existing ANNOUNCEMENTS ETC pages , it would create endless 'validity' checking by Jim and yourself. You will see that I wrote rather copius notes on the earlier 3 posts and Jim had asked if there was a better method we could suggest.
BUT at the same time he re-posted the link for the Eel into that page and its very obviously visible for any valid logged in Member.
So my short answer to Jim , its good as it gets right now.
I look for future Announcements re further developments in due course, and bow out of my verbous replies..
best of luck from Paul Sydney Aust
Paul
PaulsPics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #924
debearly
Registered

I want to thank Jim so much for this extraordinary software. Residents of the Outer Banks, we were among those hardest hit by Hurricane Irene. Fortunately our home is intact, but we are digging out from under tons of mud and shattered lumber from our pier and sound-front structures. Ever since we got our power back, I have been spending my evenings collapsed in a chair watching these fabulous jewels of the sea laze around my monitor. Just what the doctor ordered for this trying time!
I adore the new eel. Excellent work!!
debearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:04 PM   #925
Jim Sachs
Developer

Glad I could help provide a few moments of serenity.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:51 PM   #926
Simple Steve
Registered

I like everything about the latest version -- except the fish. I check in every few months to see if the new fish models and behaviors are done. I think once they are, you will have a screensaver to rival Dream Aquarium, and I will finally be able to buy what I consider a finished product. Hurry, Mr. Sachs, hurry!
Friends don't let friends eat carp.
Simple Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:41 PM   #927
saulie
Registered

looking forward

This is my first post, so "Hello", administrator person!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm enjoying the screen saver! Only had it just over a month, but am already looking forward to hearing about newly added features or upgrades!

I'd actually like to run it as a program sometimes.

One question.. if set as default screen saver, does it use bandwidth when not in use? I turn it on manually whenever I take a break online (I do SEO copywriting by trade).

.. Saulie
saulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #928
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Hi Saulie, welcome to the forum.

No, MA3 does not access the internet on its own, thus does not use bandwidth.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:37 AM   #929
Iwantfish2
Registered

MA3 is great. I have really enjoyed. I don't really use it as a screen saver, I just run it and watch it. The attention to detail is amazing. I also like playing with all the settings. Like background colors and other settings.

If there was ever anything that deserves to be called digital art, MA3 is it.
Iwantfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #930
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thanks for the kind words.
Jim Sachs
Old 05-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #931
AlabamaTom
Alabamatom

Totally relaxing! You can't help but stare at it for hours! Thank you so much for all the hard work and effort! From day one to now this this screensaver has always rocked! From an old admirer and member!
AlabamaTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #932
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thanks, Tom. Don't forget to stop by every decade or so!
Jim Sachs
Old 08-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #933
fly911
Registered

Long time Serene Screen viewer

I bought the CD with version 1.5 years ago. I loved it then and love 3.2 that much more. Jim Sachs, you are a remarkable artist. I love the eel that hides in the cave. I wonder if you still fly. I flew in the back of a 141 going to Viet Nam in 1965. I'm still flying helicopters in Florida.
All the best.
Mike
fly911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #934
Jim Sachs
Developer

Hi, Mike - Nope, I don't fly any more.

Actually, I don't really do much any more besides taking care of my mother, who has Alzheimer's. Sometimes I get a few minutes to check the Forum while she's dozing.
Jim Sachs
Old 08-26-2013, 06:30 AM   #935
fly911
Registered

Jim, I can relate. My mom lived with us her last two years with Alzheimer's. Not easy.

Last edited by fly911; 08-27-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #936
Nicki
Sugar Plum Fairy

Should we start an Alzheimer's support thread in the coffee house because I think it might be helpful since so many of us go through it with a loved one?

There's at least the 3 of us and there are questions I would like to ask fly911 about his experiences that are too involved to put in this thread. If he doesn't mind talking about it.
Run you clever boy. And remember...
Nicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:23 AM   #937
fly911
Registered

I would be glad to answer any questions that anyone has.
Mike.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:30 AM   #938
blueone

Marine Aquarium for windows

Hiya...this is the handsdown BEST aquarium program I've ever seen!It's great.I've had it now for about 3-4 days.No issues.Amazingly real.My brain is trying to get a grip on the reality of this.I know they're not real...but my mind can't seem to not feel like they are.I've had an aquarium like this for real...this is very similar.

Only one wish really...that the producer(s)of the fish species would include maybe some shrimps and a few more open anenomies.Also...I really wish that Elegance Coral would open up and flow with the water movement.THAT would be really cool.Plus a few more open corals flowing.But that's my wish list.This thing is SO cool...I really like it for just sitting quietly and watching.

I worked a few years in a Tropical Fish warehouse...these fish I took care of every day.Brings back good memories!Great program...excellent work guys!Thanks
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 05:15 PM   #939
dmgm1234
Registered

New Year's Gift

Mr. Jim,
As you probably remember, I am enjoying “3” greatly…..I would like to share with you one thing I have done to enhance this screensaver even further as you instructed we could. Picture me, a 73yr old lady, in my home office with 3 computers….XP; Vista; 10….I work from my Vista many hours a day for our church’s web site and Bible Corrspondence Courses…..My MA3 is running on my 10 most of the time…..I love the cannon guitar so much that I was afraid I may be getting TOO much of it….Like mess with my mind or something. SO….During my past surfing experiencing and listening to Cannon played by so many different techniques, I came across a young gentleman from Korea who is so gifted….Sungha Jung….you may have heard of him….I found an album, “Irony Albums” and downloaded it and it has 11 pieces in it. Yes, this little old lady geek managed to insert them into the music area with “Cannon Guitar”…..I click on “Random Play” and WaaaDaaaa. Now that is my New Years’ present from you. Thanks for all your hard work and I hope you and your mother have a good year.
dmgm1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 07:22 PM   #940
Jim Sachs
Developer

dmgm and blueone - Thanks for the comments, and I'm glad you are enjoying the program. I hope to eventually add more creatures such as banded coral shrimp and moving anemones.
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows