Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

View Poll Results: Should MA3 have default music?
Default music. 6 13.95%
Default bubbles. 37 86.05%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #61
cjmaddy
Registered

Yes, that works, Patrick. - That's ok! - And the reason it works in my opinion, is the same reason that Blue Danube works with the Manta Rays, and that the music provided with this SS works! ... In each case the music fits in with the movement and the mood of what we are seeing on the screen,- neither dominates, one complements the other, and we therefore don't tire of either.

It also helps if the music or the tune, is not too demanding of our attention. - Perhaps if the string tone on what Jim is doing can lose the irritating wowing, (wavering of pitch), effect, and become less strident, and more mellow and soothing, - it might start to fit in with MA3. Instead of competing with it for our attention.

... You say you hate pianos, Jim, - but you originally had in mind something like Patrick's? ... I don't get it.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:22 AM   #62
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, I had searched for public-domain piano music, because the piano is the easiest instrument to implement in MIDI. But then I decided to use music that I actually like.

I must keep emphasizing that what you are hearing ("irritating wowing...strident", etc.) is entirely the fault of the instruments that are installed on your computer, and neither what I intended nor what I am hearing on mine. But that's why I have Alpha testers - you are my eyes and ears out there in the real world. If not for you, I might have released the music as-is, and then I'd be in real trouble.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:42 AM   #63
iMark
Registered

I don't know...isn't this all becoming a bit bizarre..if it can be turned off, if bubbles can be played any time, if you can pick a play list or nothing, if you can run the aquarium and iTunes or any other music jukebox you like....then really...what is the big deal?

let Jim do it how he wants to do it and we can all reap the benefits of an improved aquarium...carry on
iMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:56 AM   #64
cjmaddy
Registered

No big deal. - Except you seem to think it is! ... Why not read the thread title!

The dastardly secret hidden information, is in the word, 'Default'. - Fiendishly clever, hey?
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:29 PM   #65
iMark
Registered

since it isn't my aquarium screen saver, i don't feel that I need to make a decision as to what the default sound will be.....so I will exit this forum until MA3 comes out
iMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:10 PM   #66
Socrates
Sage

Personally, I think the music feature is just holding up development time on a project that will already be a long time before completion with just the basic aquarium features.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:17 PM   #67
Jim Sachs
Developer

I'm currently working on the collision detection - the last big programming monster before we ship.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:17 PM   #68
Socrates
Sage

Sweet!
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive