Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-21-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
Overlord
Registered

beta 3 problems

Since I started using beta 3 I am having major problems. After about a half hour or so I have very large images of the fish and coral spread out over the screen. The images are not moving and look like Picasso painted them. The screen contiues to scroll and the normal looking fish are still swimming around. At times the screen saver will freeze before this even happens. I can't get a screen shot to send you because it won't let me do anything but shutdown and restart my pc. I had no problems with beta 1 and 2. I have changed nothing on my pc. I have not loaded any new software. I even deleted the file and redownloaded but no good. All other software works fine. I have unreal 3 which is very graphic intense and it works flawlessly for hours. I mention this because I was wondering if it was my video card but that is not the case. Can't figure this thing out.
Pentium D 945 3.4mhz
9600gt 512mb
winxp pro sp3
3gb ram
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
cjmaddy
Registered

Try using something like this ClipX free clipboard history manager. I find it very useful. It will remember a number of Print/Scrn presses, even after you shutdown and restart your PC.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:18 PM   #3
Overlord
Registered

I managed to finally get a screenshot of this paradox.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg strange.JPG (332.5 KB, 64 views)
Old 10-21-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
cjmaddy
Registered

Overlord, - When all else fails, it's always worth trying a re-install of DirectX. - Check this out...

https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...189&#post96189
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...823&#post93823
Old 10-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #5
Overlord
Registered

Reinstalled directx 9.0c. The only difference is when I hit ESC my pc isn't froze up, I don't have to reboot and I am able to do all my work without a problem. But the picasso artifacts are still showing up!
Old 10-21-2008, 05:14 PM   #6
cjmaddy
Registered

Ah well! - I guess you can't win them all... - But at least something has improved!
Old 10-21-2008, 05:19 PM   #7
Overlord
Registered

Thought I would add some info here. I use to be a computer tech so I know not to leave anything to chance. I ran registry repair, spyware and antivirus programs. Everything comes up clean. I did a cold boot after to make sure the ram was cleared. The ONLY program giving me any problems is build 3. I mention this because I had thought about changing the video driver. The thing that's making me not go to all the trouble is the fact that builds 1 & 2 worked flawlessly. When build 2 expired I deleted it. I didn't even think about setting my calendar back because build 3 came out shortly after. So I was wondering if there is any way to get a copy of build 2 to see if the problem is still somehow related to my pc. I am willing to change my calendar for trouble shooting purposes because the date change does not affect anything I do. Just a suggestion.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:44 PM   #8
cjmaddy
Registered

I'm a hoarder, I have the lot! - If Jim has no objection, and it's not readily available, I could email you the Beta2 zip file.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #9
Overlord
Registered

I think I may have solved the problem. But let me run it all night tonight when I go to bed before I give any details. If all is well I will explain on the forum tomorrow morning. If the problem is still there in the morning then I will get with you to try build 2 again. Thank you so much for your time and efforts!
Old 10-21-2008, 07:23 PM   #10
Jim Sachs
Developer

Cliff - no problem.

Overlord - good luck.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:03 PM   #11
Overlord
Registered

I have been running build 3 for two hours now and no problems whatsoever. I dialed down the overclocking in rivatuner for my 9600gt. Everything else also runs great and since I don't play games online it's not a big deal. Not really worried about fps or benchmarking. The only thing strange is that this was not an issue with builds 1 & 2. Anyway, to those who need to overclock with this card, if you encounter the problems I had be sure to jack it down some when you run MA3. As for me alls well that ends well!
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows