Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 01-22-2005, 08:28 AM   #1
cebrizi@tin.it
Registered

optional "oddball" fish or fish behaviour

Please understand that I think the acquarium is perfect as it is. I will anyway make a peculiar proposal - I don't know whether it makes sense or not, but it came to my mind that it should be amusing and interesting to include a strangely behaving fish, and / or a fish with a totally different graphic rendition.
In particular, a specific new fish, some sort of "rubber fish", "plastic fish", "funny fish" could be added to the list. From the graphics point of view, it should be easy to degrade the graphic texture as necessary to simulate an uniformly coloured "toy fish".
Among the funny options, a swimming fish-bone could also work.
Another thing that maybe could be done is marking one of the fish for some strange behaviour, like swimming backwards or top down, or much faster than the others.

P.S. - Some months ago I asked information about the possibility to include a cuttlefish or a squid in marine acquarium. I still think that it could be a good idea.
Cesare Brizio
cebrizi@tin.it
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/cebrizio
cebrizi@tin.it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 09:22 AM   #2
Marian Nichols
~Author~

The cuttlefish most likely will happen but I am afraid the possibility of the other is zero.

All of us here on the forum know Jim Sachs well enough that we can be certain that he strives for realisms in his creations and such as you speak of would spoil the serenity for which he is known.

But there is a comical 3D aquarium offered that has ‘funny looking’ fish in it and you can find more information about it in the off topic portion under ‘other screen savers.’

Oh, btw, welcome to the forum.
Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 12:52 PM   #3
cebrizi@tin.it
Registered

I agree 100% that my proposal is surely non in line with the undisputedly realistic look of the aquarium.
I would like to add that my proposal refers to entirely optional settings, not part of the default configuration.
Actually, I was inspired by the presence of the "wireframe" view, that reveals the geometric 3d nature of the fishes.
It occurred to me that the very same geometric objects could be optionally rendered with different, non-natural textures as an option.
But surely this could spoil the "famili look" of a lifelike aquarium.
The urge for accuracy and life-likeness is at odds with proposals like mine. I have also imagined anatomically accurate skeletal fish reproductions made to swim, but this too is nonsense, as it would require an entirely new and different 3-d modeling effort.
Thank You for replying to my post
Cesare Brizio
cebrizi@tin.it
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/cebrizio
cebrizi@tin.it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 03:20 PM   #4
Marian Nichols
~Author~

You are welcome and I am sure when Jim is online again he will respond further.

I own about 40 or so SSs my self and many of them are aquarium savers, I like variety, but that’s just me.
Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive