Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 06-19-2002, 10:40 PM   #21
SpyCatcher
Registered

uber zone you are somewhat correct (not trying to be rude) the issue is with the "apg to cpu controller" driver changing on its own when the video drivers are updated or changed. I have noticed as many of my friends have the 4 n 1 apg driver should be reinstalled after updating or changing video drivers. Wish I could explain why...maybe it has to do with the Northbridge / SouthBridge VIA chipset.

Additionally the nv4_disp.dll error is created when video drivers are not installed correctly by the user.
SpyCatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 08:33 AM   #22
uberZone
Registered

Originally posted by SpyCatcher

Additionally the nv4_disp.dll error is created when video drivers are not installed correctly by the user.
This is just one of the causes of this error, to believe that it's the only one is wrong.

When I was having this problem I tried 3 different video cards with 4 different versions of drivers (1 from MS and 3 from NVidia) all with the same blue screen of death referencing the nv4_disp.dll. I also tried removing DirectX completely and reinstalling with no success. No matter what card or driver I used I still received the nv4_disp.dll error and lockup. This ruled out the possibility of it being a video card problem or a driver problem.

I had finally reached a point to ruling it a defective motherboard, when I pulled out the manual for it I noticed it used the VIA chipset. A quick visit to the site and a download later I was up and running like a champ.

There are many variables to consider when it comes to solving a nv4_disp.dll error, not just incorrectly installed video drivers. For all we know we can both be wrong in this specific instance. Reading this thread just made me think of the trouble it cause me and I registered just to post my suggestion.

I'm just trying to help.

uberZone
uberZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive