Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 12-27-2004, 08:38 AM   #1
philosopher
Registered

Check out these multi monitors

I just thought some of you may enjoy seeing my aquarium setup at my workplace.

I'm a programmer so I get some pretty fun stuff to work with. Of course it's best use is to run as many aquariums as I can!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscn0117.jpg (172.8 KB, 773 views)
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo
"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche
philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 09:01 AM   #2
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Wow! Sweet!
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 07:52 PM   #3
drfish
the Doc

I still have you beat, I had it running on 5 at once before, all powered by the same computer...
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 08:15 PM   #4
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

I smell a challenge.
Patrick
Old 12-29-2004, 11:58 PM   #5
Jim Sachs
Developer

Looks like CompUSA!
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 10:35 PM   #6
lannp
Registered

I run my aquariums in window mode. I set a wide screen on the left side, select the fish I want and select the lighting I prefer. On the right side, next to the wide screen tank, I set up the 4:3 ratio Time tank with other fishes. The lighting is set to be the same as the wide screen tank. Now I can work under my two tanks while I have two beautiful tanks on the top portion. I now only need a new option for a different coral rock formation, and I will have a super wide "tank" with time and logo. If you are interested to see, I can take a screen grab and post. Please, someone tell me how to change the name "Yelow Tang" under the image on my posts? Coudn't figure out how that is done.

Lan
lannp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 11:03 PM   #7
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Lan,

Its set as an option, but you have to have a few more posts under your belt before it becomes available to you. Not many more though.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 11:38 PM   #8
lannp
Registered

Thanks, Jav400. Now, does this count as a post toward my "post" credit? How many does one need to turn on that option to change the name? The image I selected is hardly a yellow tang. Does anyone have experience with screen burned in due to MA? I am tempted to have the saver run all the time (my computers are on all the time) and I am afraid the coral rocks will damage the display from burn in. Does the light cycling really help? I would hate to have to replace my wide screen LCD of my 4 month old Dell Inspiron 9100.

Lan
Old 01-10-2005, 12:37 AM   #9
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

I would like to see a screen grab of your setup.

The post limit is very low, like 10 or 20, then you can change your title.

Actually, I've never heard of anyone having trouble with burn in on this forum before, and I've been here awhile.
Patrick
Old 01-10-2005, 04:23 AM   #10
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

I just thought this one fit quite well in this thread...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg multi-display.jpg (80.3 KB, 535 views)
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 05:24 AM   #11
Marian Nichols
~Author~

OMG. TT. At first I thought I was looking out of windows or maybe the cockpit of an airplane, it took a sec for me to see the monitors.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 06:22 AM   #12
lannp
Registered

Embarassed Super wide screen cheat...

Here is the screen. I cheated and processed the two windows to merge into one. On my wide screen lap top screen, you see the left (wide screen w/ borders) and right (4:3 Time2 w/ borders) windows side by side with adjacent thin borders. My display is 1600x1200 so what you see occupies the top side of it. If the coral background is different, you would have a good simulation of a two tank display. Underneath, I have enough room to work with two more windows so work can be done too. I select different fish and set manual light control. It would be great if the window version of MA has the option to turn off the window borders to save these pixels.

Lan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mawidetime2.jpg (202.6 KB, 467 views)
Old 01-10-2005, 06:24 AM   #13
lannp
Registered

Errata: My screen resolution is 1920 x 1200 (wide screen) and not 1600 x 1200 as I said in earlier post.

Lan
Old 01-10-2005, 10:20 AM   #14
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

I wanted to see a screen capture of what your desktop looks like, with both screensavers running and any apps open that you might work on.
Patrick
Old 01-10-2005, 10:23 AM   #15
drfish
the Doc

Originally posted by lannp
Does anyone have experience with screen burned in due to MA? I am tempted to have the saver run all the time (my computers are on all the time) and I am afraid the coral rocks will damage the display from burn in. Does the light cycling really help? I would hate to have to replace my wide screen LCD of my 4 month old Dell Inspiron 9100.

Lan
Yes, I have commented on it many times, USE the automatic light feature, it's there for a reason... If you don't the coral WILL burn in your screen.
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:42 AM   #16
lannp
Registered

Smile Full Screen capture of twin MAWide & Time2

Hi Pat:

Here is the screen you wanted to see. I am not doing any serious work right now (too early) so the usual Visual Studio is not running. You can see the Task manager, my webcams monitor, I am on the SkyPE.com (greatest free internet phone worldwide I know) The two MA windows. When I need more pixels, I move the MA all the way to the top hiding the control bars and I have enough room for things like Photo Shop, Word. When I really need room (say for bread and butter work) then I just close down the MA windows, to open later.

Note: I had to resample the capture image to 75% and compress to 50% quality to make the size under 260KB limit for attachment so the jpg is not as good as the one before.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fullscreens.jpg (176.1 KB, 420 views)
Old 01-10-2005, 11:47 AM   #17
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Cool.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:46 AM   #18
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Yes, looks real cool, Lan.

Now Tiny, can you use your PS skills and make all those monitors run MA?

P.S. Could you please e-mail me the origional? I want to have a go at it too. But my attempt might not be suitable for the forum. Thanks.
Patrick
Old 01-11-2005, 01:51 AM   #19
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Pat,
I didn't take that picture, y'know... The one I posted is the largest I got.

As for inserting MA onto those screens – it won't look any good as the proportions are all screwed up. It would get too close to running multiple instances of the tank. Sorry.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:59 AM   #20
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

A Swedish Mac site just tested using dual 30" Apple Cinema Display HD and posted about it. The conclusion was that it's too big – the outer parts of the desktop is outside your peripheral vision which makes you look like your about to cross the street or something. For those who want to see how much you can fit on such a desktop they posted a screenshot of the 5120x1600 desktop.

/Tiny 19"

Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive