Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 11-28-2001, 11:18 PM   #21
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Question #1 Section 1 from the Frequently Asked Questions

When is version 1.0 coming out? What new features does it add?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 01:14 AM   #22
Cobra
Registered

Question Detonator XP 3D Stereo Driver 23.11

Jim, allready noticed that Nvidia has released Detonator 3D Stereo Drivers for Windows 2000/XP on 12/12/2001?

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=windows2000

Hope I could help...

Greetz, Alex
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 06:06 AM   #23
hpman77
Blue Angel

I've tried those drivers, and once I had them installed, I was not able to access the 3d settings, as it always displayed an error message with the label "oops" and the text something like like "dialog 85 was not found" or something like that
Once you uninstall the 3d driver it all works fine again.
.:: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ :: 512MB SDRAM :: Windows XP SP1 :: shappire ATI radeon 9600 PRO :: Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 :: Directx 9.0 :: (Always latest drivers for everything) ::.
hpman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 11:33 AM   #24
Jim Sachs
Developer

I just tried the new drivers. The Stereo settings tab does appear in Display Settings, and 3D does (sort of) work in Win2000. However, the image is very unstable, dropping several frames every second. The Revelator drivers that I had been using in Win98 were rock-solid.

Also, many of the settings which are in the Revelator drivers are missing from the nVidia drivers. With the Revelator drivers, you can set the foreground plane, background plane, screen width, the "center of depth" and several other parameters. These can all be adjusted using hot keys while looking at the scene.

When programming the new 3D background, I took great pains to make sure the the scene looked right with the default settings of the Revelator drivers. In other words, the front of the sand is right up against the glass of the monitor, and the tank stretches back in to the screen about 18 inches. The nVidia drivers put the whole scene about 6 inches deeper into the monitor, and does not fill the screen horizontally when set for the actual monitor size.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 11:19 PM   #25
BeefJerky
Registered

Hiya Jim. These drivers did the same thing for me too! But, I fixed it by getting my video card on it's own IRQ. Now, no more glitches or anything. Perfect. If you're interested, either I or Morgan would gladly assist you in this!
As for the lack of settings, well, most likely (I hope) nVidia will be adding more settings as time progresses.
One more thing. As for the horizontal issue, most stereo drivers do that because of the differing positions of the left and right images. I simply adjusted my monitors horizontal size to the point where the garbage on the edges is just off the screen.
--BeefJerky
BeefJerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 12:11 AM   #26
Jim Sachs
Developer

I don't mind the lack of settings so much as the lack of standard default settings. I had carefully programmed the Aquarium so that no one would have to touch the Revelator adjustments, and now I'll have to redo all that with the nVidia drivers. It means that all objects in the 3D background have to be rebuilt in new positions, which is at least a couple of days work. And there's no guarantee that the screen of the monitor will remain at a Z position of -4.0 in other drivers (it was -2.0 with the Revelator drivers).
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 01:07 AM   #27
BeefJerky
Registered

Yeah, that can't be fun But, I guess until different companies start collaberating for standards, they'll never be the same. Though, since these are from nVidia at least it should be somewhat standard in the future among nVidia users.
Oh, and the fishys really look great in stereo mode It's really sad it took nVidia soooooo long to get stereo drivers for Win2k/XP, but I guess I should just be happy they did.
--BeefJerky
BeefJerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 03:22 AM   #28
hpman77
Blue Angel

anybody knows why am I getting that message of a missing dialog?
When I install the 23.11 nvidia drivers works fine, but when I try to install the 3d driver it always gives me that error when trying to access the properties of the video card

Using windows xp with a nvidia geforce 2 mx card
.:: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ :: 512MB SDRAM :: Windows XP SP1 :: shappire ATI radeon 9600 PRO :: Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 :: Directx 9.0 :: (Always latest drivers for everything) ::.
hpman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 06:53 AM   #29
raZorX
Registered

XP/2k 3D Stereo problems

On the official Nvidia site, you will find this Detonator XP
3D Stereo Driver
(notice the date):

Version: 23.11
Size: 2.8 MB
Self Extracting Installer
Release Date: 12/12/2001

Whell,.. these drivers have proven to be realy buggy (for me at least), and I thing the famous register problem is still not resolved. Because I own VIA based motherboard it affects my HW directly and I`m experiencing computer lockups and video anomalies...

Please consider using 22.80 drivers and NVmax softvare, which saved me a lot of problems,... now I don`t experience glitches and my system is running smoothly as it should.

P.S.: NVmax is a "gotta have it" kinda tool, and you can tweak your registry settings with ease.
Another such fine utility is GeForce Tweak Utility
The master has spoken...
raZorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive